iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White mulbery

Started by bandmiller2, February 17, 2012, 08:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Just ordered a white Mulbery to plant around the yard.Anything special I need to know about them.? When I was in high school I was the caretaker at an upscale nursing home had a black fruit mulbery,loved em,of course the birds did too everything was stained purple,hence the white mulbary. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Probibly the first thing I should do is spell "mulberry" right. Frank C.

WDH

Now you can grow silk worms  :D.  That is why they were brought over from China to begin with as they are not native.  Our only native mulberry is the red mulberry, Morus rubra, which is your "black fruit mulberry".

I have a thread about a favorite mulberry tree, but it is a red one, not a white one.   https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,25639.60.html

Did you get a boy or a girl?  Mulberry has male and female plants.  If you got a boy, there will be no berries to stain your white truck (Larry  ;D).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bandmiller2

WDH,how do I tell its gender,look for its root?? Or is it pot luck?? Frank C.

WDH

I don't know.  I don't think that you can pull up the bark and look under it and tell anything  :D.  You will most likely have to wait until late spring, then you will know.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

:D :D :D  This is the first time that I have ever thrown up smileys after reading a post.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

It wasn't that bad of a post, was it  ???.

bandmiller2

Larry,I ordered the mulberry from Millers in upstate NY they likely started it fron a cutting off a producing tree. I think it would be pot luck starting from seed. Frank C.

WDH

Then it is probably a girl.

Thank You Sponsors!