iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tj 380 winch help?

Started by poorfarm, February 16, 2012, 12:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poorfarm

I have a 1980 timberjack 380 very clean unit downfall is eaton winch is just about had, gets very hot and brass in oil. doesnt seem right that a 20,000pound unit has a 20,000 pound winch.. has anyone upgraded a winch on this unit with something better?would like to get something stronger in it. any info would be great ..thanks josh

bushmechanic

Downfall is an Eaton winch?You obviously haven't used a Gearmatic winch yet!My advice to you is get someone who knows the Eaton winch well and rebuild it because it is all you will ever need and trouble free.

poorfarm

I was told by a guy who rebuilds them they will never stand up in a 380 ?? had a gearamatic on a jd 450 dozer never had one issue? so you say that is the winch to have? I cant find anything better to drop in there??

poorfarm

I am new to the forestry forum. Is there any one around nh with a parts unit ?? or and ideas? thanks josh

PAFaller

Gearmatic and Eaton are one in the same? I thought Gearmatic was a Braden winch and the 119 was the model to have? I love my Gearmatic but never thought it was made be Eaton. Either that or I didn't get the memo
It ain't easy...

FFLM

Poor farm I just sent you a pm with some contact info for a guy that can help you out
FFLM
208 Jack, 372's and F450 Stroker

poorfarm

Thank You Sponsors!