iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw head hyd motor for slasher saw

Started by jlp66stang, February 15, 2012, 09:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlp66stang

Anyone taken a Hydro-Ax disc saw hydraulic motor and used it to power a belt driven 48" slasher saw?

millwright

It should have more than enough power if you run it with a big enough pump.

jlp66stang

Thanks, I was wondering if anyone had used one to build a cutoff saw. I know the motor is overkill and pretty bulky, but if you had access to one at a good price, I would like to use one. The motor is off a 611 hydo ax with a cracked disc, so the head is pretty much scrap. I have a 453T with 3 stage pump to power it.

eastberkshirecustoms

Welcome jlp66stang. That would be one serious cut-off saw! The ol' man ran a hyrdo -ax for a couple of years, clearing a path for an AT&T fiber-optic line. Those things have crazy power. I wish I had one for my own use, boy the damage I could do...

jlp66stang

Thanks, glad to be here! Ya, they will lay it down. I can't find anyone that has tried to power a belt driven cutoff saw. I have seen direct drive using hyd and electric motors, but not a motor like this. A guy could spend a lot of time and money only to find out it doesn't work. I have done stuff like that before, but I am supposed to be getting smarter.

Thank You Sponsors!