iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Live Decks

Started by stavebuyer, February 14, 2012, 05:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stavebuyer

I am wanting to add a live log deck and outfeed rollcase to my diesel LT70DCS. Any way to power them from the mill or is that asking too much of the alternator?

MartyParsons

Hello,
No problem. The DCS has a program for adding aux. hydraulics. You will need to add a valve in the Hydraulic box.
part # 036805 Valve assembly has the fittings # 8 and solenoid + all the hardware to make it work. $ 271.86
If you purchase theWM log deck LD12' or 20' the kit comes with everything you will need.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

stavebuyer

Thank you Marty! I'll order the valve. Is the live deck drive motor available as a part? I have an old live deck but as much as I'd like to have the whole new WM live deck package it's a little over budge at this time.

smwwoody

Motor, Hyd Log Deck       050100       $679.67

there is the wood mizer part number and price for the motor

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

gmmills

You do have some limitations with the hyd system. The pumps only put out a 4 gpm volume. You may have an issue with using the WM motor with a non WM deck. The speed of the deck vs power of the system to move the loaded deck.  Myself and two other local LT70 owners all run log decks directly off our mills. We all purchased the valve kit from Marty. All of our log decks are operating with different output hyd motors. All three of our decks are of different configurations. Mine is a 20 ft.- 2 strand deck with a gear box reduction of 100:1.  Next is 16ft.- 3 strand with the hyd motor coupled to a Tulsa winch drive. Lastly, a 20ft.- 3 strand  also with tulsa winch drive.  Depending upon the drive system of your deck you may have to get a bit creative with a possible drive chain and sprocket reduction.  All of us are using Char-Lynn H series hyd motors. They are available in many different RPM and Torque values.     
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Thank You Sponsors!