iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Valentines Day Supper

Started by Norm, February 14, 2012, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Well the big day is here for us guys. Ever notice we're the ones under pressure here...not sure that's fair.  :D

So instead of spending obscene amounts of dollars on flowers this year I'm making a special meal instead. I drove down to the local Hy Vee store and picked out a nice big juicy t-bone for me and a ribeye for Patty. They also had king crab legs on sale so I grabbed some of those. While driving home it hit me she can't really eat steak any more after choking on the last ribeye I cooked for her. So I boned out the t-bone and ground it and the ribeye up so we can have burgers instead. No big deal as I love a good burger myself! Next up is twice baked potatoes, asparagus and for dessert molten lava cakes.

With all this work I'm going through I better get lucky tonight.  :o

What's everyone's else plans for the day...and the first one that tells me they don't do valentines day gets banned.  ;)

Texas Ranger

Steak, fettichini alfredo, salad, and a bottle of wine
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ely

i went for a bowl of beans and cornbread at lunch and got stood up on top of that... soooooo i guess the honeymoons over. lucky for me i got lucky this am. ::)

reride82

Steak, Shrimp, French Bread, asparagus, Roses for a centerpiece, and sundaes for dessert. As for the rest of the night a gentleman never tells  :-*  :D
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Raider Bill

Bubba Burgers and beer. I'm a hopeless romantic.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

:D Fresh cod fillets breaded with panko crumbs, corn and brown rice (she cooked it). Yum. Honestly, she would have been pithed if I had come home with flowers, figures Valentine's day is a huge money grab which it is.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

Mafalda Pasta with Lump Crab Sauce (Crab, shallots, artichoke hearts, heavy cream, butter, olive oil, salt & Pepper)

Mixed Loose Leaf Lettuce, tomato, olive salad with Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil and Herb Dressing.

Baked French Baguette with olive oil and herb dipping sauce.

Chardonnay wine

Mango Cobbler for dessert
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Magicman

We had a couple of kids and a few grandkids for supper, so it was "chicken and dumplings".  Their favorite.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

All plated up for a special gal!

thecfarm

We had the puppy's staples taken out because she was fixed. This was my Valentine present to her,I paid for the "Fixing" I know,I'm a big romantic spud at best.  :D  Staples were used because she is a bit active. Even with a tranquiler in her when we took her to do her stuff she was still acting up. Cards were given to each other. We always try to out do the other with Boo Boo cards. He's our first dog. A cross between a Golden retriever and some sort of terrier. Looks just like a Golden pup. Or did,age is catching up to him now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Well all my best laid plans for Bubba Burgers and beer fell through. I ended up with split pork chops stuffed with sausage and corn bread stuffing, fresh buttered steamed broccoli, and a tossed fresh baby spinach salad with granny smith apples.

CHARLIE

Hmmmmmmm.......Pork chops stuffed with sausage sounds mighty good........got me thinking........and I have some thick chops in the freezer.  I think I know what I'm gonna fix for supper one night this week. :)

MagicMan, when you wrote, "We had a couple of kids and a few grandkids for supper", that made me open my eyes in amazement :o, but after reading the whole sentence I realized I had to take the statement in context. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Magicman

:D :D   Keep me honest Charlie.  I preview most of my replies before I actually post them and try to catch stuff like that.  It looked like we were having goat, but I am going to leave that one alone because "she" might say that she did indeed eat with an old goat.   smiley_lipsrsealed
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jim_Rogers

When I got home last night with cards and candy for my wife and daughter, my wife had made me some steak tips, corn and a huge baked potato.

I sat down, cut one piece of steak and the phone rang.

It was lifeline. My 92 year old mother had fallen, and couldn't get up.

I had to leave immediately to drive back to her house 15 miles and 25 minutes to rescue her from the floor.

After that, I sat down in her TV room alone and finished my dinner that my wife had wrapped up for me.

Some valentines day dinner........ alone and cold.... the cake was good.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

But, You had rescued your Mom.   smiley_heart

Raider Bill

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on February 15, 2012, 05:31:21 PM
When I got home last night with cards and candy for my wife and daughter, my wife had made me some steak tips, corn and a huge baked potato.

I sat down, cut one piece of steak and the phone rang.

It was lifeline. My 92 year old mother had fallen, and couldn't get up.

I had to leave immediately to drive back to her house 15 miles and 25 minutes to rescue her from the floor.

After that, I sat down in her TV room alone and finished my dinner that my wife had wrapped up for me.

Some valentines day dinner........ alone and cold.... the cake was good.

That could have been a much worse valentines day had she not been able to get help.

CHARLIE

Jim, you sure gave your mom a mighty fine Valentine's gift. I'm glad she didn't break bones.
Charlie

sandhills

My wife and I and two other couples went to a little town 20 miles away, prime rib or shrimp was on the menu, the prime rib was little to be desired, my wife said the shrimp was "alright" but I have to say the barbershop quartet they had hired was great!  My wife comes from a pretty strong musical background and I pretty much like any kind of music when it's done right and these guys did that, with a little humor to boot.  It was a fun evening and neither one of us cooked but either one of us probably could have cooked better  ;).

Patty

You know, that is the problem with eating out. We learned that while on vacation, when ever we ate a meal at some restaurant, we always left saying, "We would've done better to stay home and eat Norm's cooking!"   :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

CHARLIE

I used Raider_Bill,s idea and last night I fixed two pork chops stuffed with sausage.  It was easy and Donna really liked it. I complimented the chops with a sweet tater, green beans that came from our garden and pickled beets that also came from our garden.  The chops were easy to fix. I bought some fresh sausage from the meat counter at the local grocery store, sliced a pocket in each chop and stuffed 'em full of the sausage. I used wood toothpicks to keep 'em closed.  Put 'em in the oven at 350. It was gooooood! 8)  Thanks for the idea Raider_Bill! I'll certainly do that again.
Charlie

sandhills

Since it came back up, I got to cook valentines supper last night as well, but it wasn't anything as tasty as Charlies cookin  :).  My daughters got back for the weekend a few days early because they didn't have school Thursday or Friday so I got to cook for them too.  My wife sent me to the grocery store (she ought to know better after a year and a half of marriage) with a simple, short list, I saw a thing here, a thing there, and by the time they were done playing down at the fitness center I cooked up a mean batch of soft shelled tacos with a lottttt of trimmings.  We don't get very good fresh produce around here this time of year and yesterday they just happened to have some really nice green, yellow, and red bell peppers so I figured I had to take advantage of it somehow  ;D

CHARLIE

Hmmmmmmmm....tacos.......there's another great idea for the weekend along with some wobbley pop. 8)
Charlie

pineywoods

Late valentine supper last night. The men at church put together a valentine banquet for all the ladies. Men did everything, even replenishing the ladies plates. Deep fried catfish filets, home-made hush puppies, french fries, cole slaw home made cinamon rolls for desert. Men got the leftovers. MMMMMM
As good as it gets...

Update... We have 1 guy who can hold his own against anybody n the country when it comes to fixin catfish and another that makes the best home-made cinimon rolls you ever tasted. Unfortunately our champion hush-puppy chef passed away recently. The number 2 guy ain't bad.   Me..I just make coffee and wait on tables  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sandhills

DanG piney, will you be my valentine next year?  :D :D :D

CHARLIE

Pineywoods, you is smart you is.  The tables is where da wimmins is and while you are out dar wit da wimmins da other men are in da kitchen. 8)
Charlie

Thank You Sponsors!