iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT28 problem...Any help?

Started by wannasaw, February 13, 2012, 08:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannasaw

The manual adjustable blade guide that  has a flatbar that runs under the blade, supports the yellow stipped alum. blade barricade has begun hitting the log clamp in the 1" position. Is this a call to raise the bed and the saw head away from the clamp. So far with nominal adjustments we have been able to keep our bottom board the same thickness as the other boards and we use the 1" cir increments on the height adjuster as the rule is about 1/8 off. Is the 1/8 off the rule the first clue? Don't really wanna do one of those uh oh's. Thanks.
LT28 70something Int'l Backhoe loader  Kubota L285, Husky 55, F-250 7.3, 12'x6' single axle trailer, Kubota RTV900 w/remote hyd. Iron will...

sdunston

Is it hitting the arm or the chain, Any way the simple cure is to bend the handle on the log clamp towards the bed, I had to do it on mine.

Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

WDH

On my LT15, you have to move the blade guide over to the right to miss the clamp, and doing that allows me to cut a board 7/8" thick as the last board (the dog board).  Are you moving the blade guide farther to the right so that the flat bar misses the clamp?  That might be all it takes. 

There is about 1/8" of saw kerf from the blade, so moving down the scale in 1" increments yields 1/8" of kerf and 7/8" of board.  To use the scale on the mill, you have to add 1/8" to the desired board thickness to allow for the kerf.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

wannasaw

sorry for the delayed response it's garden time round here + honey do's. I can move the guide but the flatbar brace did not hit the head of the clamp til past weekend never gave clamp or brace a thought before then. We have always had problem with clamp arm and chain usually bent downward or unhooked letting head pass as needed. Sometimes to get the clamp arm off the bedrail (where it never passed even new)we leave some boards for weight. I know it's a matter of 16ths as the clamp has to hold 3/8ths of the last board sawn. Just a new problem not stopping the saw from sawing thankfully. Thanks for all replys and a happy wish for all today!
LT28 70something Int'l Backhoe loader  Kubota L285, Husky 55, F-250 7.3, 12'x6' single axle trailer, Kubota RTV900 w/remote hyd. Iron will...

Thank You Sponsors!