iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

UPDATE WITH PICTURES

Started by Berggie, February 13, 2012, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berggie

Well I am just about finished with my build of a Linn Lumber model 1900, I used thier plans but improvised on tensioner ( porta power and cylinder), Acme rods are 1 in 4 with std bushings, guides are Cooks with greasable bolts. Chinese-Honda 420cc motor. And v groove rollers.
Quite a few parts and holes are not listed on the prints but you can pick up where they should be by the video. More images in gallery.

Sorry to the Moderator that I screwed up the pictures the first time ;D
Home built/modified Linn 1900, Dolmar saw, farmall H with loader. Log rite.

Chuck White

Congrats!

Looks like some fine handiwork there Berggie.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Congratulations!!  That is a very nice looking build.  Now, cover it up with sawdust.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Good job on the photos!  :) I like the color. Its the same color as my truck. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Looks good. Next is the track,than sawing??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Berggie, that's putty enough to make a lamp out of it!

Seriously.....very NICE work!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Hilltop366

Look nice, thanks for posting.

Berggie

Thanks for the compliments and many more thanks for all the wisdom and info on this site. I have the trailer/track almost done and hope to get it dusty by the end of the month. 8)

customsawyer

With the great work you have already done I firmly believe that you will get the rest of it done.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

i think that's harley orange. looks good .keep us posted
al glenn

Berggie

Bill Gaiche

moosehunter

Maybe you could put rubber wheels and a hitch on it and not be tied to a track :D Truly mobile sawing!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Timberline

Beautiful mill!  I am just starting to build a 190-A.  Kind of wish I went with a 1900 in some ways, but if I ever need a bigger one I'll just build another  :D

Greg Brown

Looks like you got it goin' on Berggie.
Norwood MX34 Pro,  Massey- Ferguson 175

Thank You Sponsors!