iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walnut bedroom table

Started by hackberry jake, February 13, 2012, 11:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

A while back I built a walnut bedroom table. I just thought I would share. I built a matching bed-side table for my girlfriend as well. I need to get around to taking pictures of it and putting them up as well. Here's the bedroom table.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

ely

very nice job. makes my oak end tables look like the firewood they are.

thecfarm

I just want to reach out and see how smooth it is. looks real good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Very nice indeed.  And that is some nicely figured stuff inside also.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Jeff, even if it's only for this portion of the forum, we really need a "please don't let my wife see this please don't let my wife see this" smiley  :D.  Very nice work Hackberry Jake!

jamesamd

Very nice piece,Jake.
Superb finish!
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Lud

Nice job, Jake.  What finish?  So what do y'all keep in a bedroom table??? ??? ???
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

WDH

That is more than a table, it has a lid!!!!!!

Good job.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jueston

i see your bedroom floor looks exactly like mine, covered in junk and clothes...

but that is a beautiful table, the bottom looks really interesting, is there a practical reason for it or just to make it unique? 8)

SwampDonkey

Nice table, lidded chest.  You did a fine job Jake.  :) However, looks like chaos in that room. Sorry can't help myself. ;D  :D 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

Good lookin' work there Jake  8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

CHARLIE

Nice table and you did a fine job. Finished beautifully. It's massive and that baby ain't going anywhere. :)  I like the way you incorporated storage underneath the tabletop. That's a good idea. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

ely

cmon back jake, they was just kiddin about your room being messy. what finish did you use on it, as asked before.?

hackberry jake

It's just polyurethane. Bout 5 coats. And I can take a hard time about the mess. Ur gunna have to try harder than that to offend me :D. I glued up the top then took it in to a local cabinet shop to run it through their wide belt sander. That made it perfectly flat. I then block sanded it with 120 grit then 220 grit. I applied a heavy coat of poly, let it dry then block sanded it with 220 grit. I made each coat thinner and thinner til the last coat was half mineral spirits and half poly, sanding between each coat. Thanks for the compliments!

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

hackberry jake

The opening top was part of the theme I wanted for this set of furniture. It's a place to hide my rifles. Instead of a gun safe. The bedside tables look like this table but smaller and they have a hidden drawer for my girlfriends valuables.

samandothers

Nice job on finish!   I like the idea of storing items under the top.

WDH

Quote from: hackberry jake on February 14, 2012, 03:38:44 PM
The opening top was part of the theme I wanted for this set of furniture. It's a place to hide my rifles. Instead of a gun safe. The bedside tables look like this table but smaller and they have a hidden drawer for my girlfriends valuables.

That is fine so long as no one steals your table  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

jacksaws

beautiful table jake. I liked the room.
jacksaws

pigman

I would leave the rifles out in the open and hide the table so no one will still it.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

thecfarm

Us old guys are just jealous of you. Jake is a young thing of 26 and has no time for cleaning the bedroom. Other things take up thier time.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CHARLIE

Jake, your secret of where you hide your rifles is safe with us.  We won't tell a soul.......honest. :-X
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!