iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dinasaw band setter

Started by coastlogger, February 11, 2012, 09:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastlogger

Recently aquired a used  dinasaw setter.No info at all with it.. Read online manual.
Set it up and put in an old band. After a bit of fooling around with adjustments ive got it "setting" but it seems not right somehow. The clamping"vice" which is a wedge block that rises up to release band,rises up as setting is in progress meaning band is released by the time setting pin is at max stroke. I can see no way to adjust this so guess its either right
or this unit is somehow faulty or out of time.If any of you have one of these units Id appreciate comment
clgr 
clgr

ladylake

I've been using the Dino setter for 9 years now, sure is fast and the blades cut good leaving the boards a bit rougher than new blades but not too bad.  Never paid too much attention to the clamping as it sets them even unless theres some crud on the tips of the teeth.  I welded some extentions on the set screw adjusters so I don't have to use a allen wrench.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

brl115

Just a couple of things to double check.  The bands must be flipped inside-out before setting, crank clockwise.
Brian

coastlogger

Thanks. Investigated further,discovered the 3 point cam for open/close of vice was installed 180 degrees wrong.Knocked out retaining pin, rotated 180, reinstalled pin, and all seems better.
clgr
clgr

Thank You Sponsors!