iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maintenance/Upkeep

Started by Magicman, February 11, 2012, 12:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

When I bought my sawmill the previous owner was using a jumper wire to power the glow plugs.  He said that the glow plug relay was bad.  Well it wasn't, it was the socket and I have been babying it for 10 years.  Once brass ever gets overheated it looses it's tension and a solid connection is forever iffy.   During the "Whack O Cypress" job it again caused me trouble and I had to use a jumper wire.  Since I have a similar road trip saw job scheduled for the week of the 19th, it was fixing time.

A call to WM revealed that the replacement socket was  :o $$$.  I guess that my tears flowed all of the way to Indy, because I was then offered a complete wiring harness assembly for less than the socket.

The new wiring harness.

It's like eating an elephant one bite at the time, replacing the harness was one wire at the time.

The newly installed harness assembly in the lower right and smoke puffing in the top left.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tyb525

That's a lot of wiring for a glow plug :o
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Stephen1

No Kidding... :) hard to believe it was cheaper to buy the whole harness.. :(
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Chuck White

A bundle of wires always looks confusing, but replace color-by-color, one wire at a time.

Sometimes it doesn't seem to make much sense, but when you really think about it, the bundle (harness) was already fabricated, and if you just needed a certain wire in the bundle, the supplier would have to specially fabricate that one wire.  Buying the bundle is cheaper than a special order.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!