iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for used sawmill websites

Started by gjgauthier, February 11, 2012, 07:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjgauthier

Yesterday on another forum Wannasaw mentioned he was getting addicted to the site. Many others chimed in that they had the same problem. I think I must be getting it too. The help and support of this community is truly unique and special.

I want to see what's in the used market for a TimberKing or Wood-Mizer. What sites do you recommend I check out. I'm a first time buyer so are there any words of wisdom about purchasing used?

Thanks in advance and have a great day everyone.
Timberking 2000, Logrite fetching arch. Woodmax chipper, Husqvarna 445, Stihl 041, Ford 335 tractor

Kansas

Sawmill exchange would be one. For sale section on this site would be another. CMS over on the left side of the page might be another. Woodmizer has a used section on their website. Craigslist is another, and somewhere is a site you can search all Craigslist sites in your area. (can't find it on my bookmarks right now) Possibly E bay. TMS machinery sales has a place for people to list them. Also check the trade magazines.. both for upcoming auctions and for anything listed. Those papers are free. IRS Auctions occasionally might have one for sale. Doubtful Kittrell auction would have any, but you could check.

xlogger

Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

jdtuttle

Woodmizer has a used mill section on their site. Sponsor on your left  :D
jim
Have a great day

MP_Wall

claz.org is the craigslist search tool, it also searches other classified ad sites.  mpw

gjgauthier

Thanks guys. Those are all excellent leads. I'm so new here that I didn't even know we had for-sale section on this site. There's probably more I should discover.
Timberking 2000, Logrite fetching arch. Woodmax chipper, Husqvarna 445, Stihl 041, Ford 335 tractor

Magicman

Yup, don't just stop at the Sawmills and Milling board.  Go to every board and spend some time.  Also, cruise your mouse around the Forestry Forum Info Center at the bottom of the page.  If something highlights, click on it.  There is a vast amount of information hiding there.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Al_Smith

I don't know how fussy this site is about non sponsors  .Probabley not so but never the less I won't link to any .However if you use a good old "google " search on the subject there are just oddles of used mills and equipment on the net .

Whatever you want from a 500 dollar chainsaw mill to a million dollar head saw  rig .

Chuck White

I think that any of the sawmill sponsors (to the left) would have a "used sawmill" section.

Just click on them and find out!

I hope you find something you want!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!