iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking at a Nissan 50 forklift

Started by paul case, February 10, 2012, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

This thing is a propane 5k lift It runs good and the brakes and everything seems to work. It has side shift and a few other nice options. I am not sure if it works or not but the hour meter reads 5xxx hours.  The pallet company I sell to has it and are upgrading to one that has a rotator on it so they can dump boxes. They are asking a real fair price.
Does anyone here know anything about these forlifts?
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Buck

Paul if it is what I'm thinking of you will need a hard surface to use it. Not sure what your overall conditions are but gravel or dirt will be a challenge.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

paul case

It has cushion tires on it. they are as tall as my old forklift had except they wont go flat. They are running it on a gravel lot and in the building now. Should lift 5000lbs which is a bundle of 20 ties. No leaks and runs out perfectly. That will be quite a change. PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

ScottAR

Very limited experience.  The lumber yard/hardware store/truss factory  has half a dozen nissan lifts roaming around.  They seem to do well.  The older ones can be a challenge to get parts for.  The engine parts aren't impossible, it's a car engine...  Just have to figure out *which* car. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

pineywoods

Don't know about the fork lift, but I do know the engines. Back during his college days, my son raced nissan (datsun back then) cars. He never managed to blow up an engine. The old 1600 cc 4 bangers are just about bullet proof.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Taylortractornut

My neighbor was a forklift mechanic for 50 years.  He still part times at age 80.       Nissans are  getting harder to get parts for  the older ones.    Call around to find a dealer and run the model numbers by them.      I got ahold of a Toyota lift one time that was a booger to get any thing for.    I had a Nissan and it was a pretty good rig but parts were a pain for it.     I traded it to a friend that had one for parts.    Delta Material Handling in  Tupelo MS   sells alot of aftermarket lift truck parts.
My overload permit starts after sunset

Ironwood

I would not hesitate to buy one. They are only a step down from a Toyota (which are tops). I almost bought one (it got away :D).

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

customdave

Paul, where I work we have between the three shops must have @ least a doz of these forklifts tough units!!! Makes me sick how these forlklifts are used & abused& they just keep on ticking. They must range from 20 yrs to 2 yrs old & by looking @ them it is hard to tell which is which! From this experiance I wouldn't hesiate  to buy one that has been looked after a little bit...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

trim4u2nv

We have had 5000 lb  nissan for ten years.  Very reliable machine.  Changed 2 major parts, the starter and alternator.  We run frequent starts and stops.  The 3 stage mast is nice as well as sideshift.  Have broken the hydraulic fittings for sideshift between the forks by end pushing.  You should put a 4x4 pallet against the backrest when end pushing.  Luckily the hydraulic line place is 1/2 mile away and I went to high school with the hose fitter.  I have a 6000 lb yale which i like the controls and ride better but the repairs always seem to cost more.

Taylortractornut

I havent seen a new Nissan in years around here most run  Hyster Komatsu and Toyotas.    Nissan is a tough lift,  I have a friend thats a plant manager and they cant kill theres.     Belmont homes built mobile homes and hade about 30 hysters and a few  Toyotas and Nissan lifts.     They abused the crap  out of them.    Tiffins  runs Komatsus and they  average about 15 to 20 miles a day on  each of their lifts.     I like my 50 Hyster but the Monotrol foot pedal  is nice but if you hit a bump it can throw yo u in reverse.        I had a large tank on the the forks I had just welded up a leak on.   I was taking it back out to the road to load on the truck and I hit a rock causing my foot to jump. THe reverse cause me to stop and chunk the tank down the road lol.
My overload permit starts after sunset

paul case

Well I bought the forklift.
It was kind a pain to get loaded. We had to scoot the ramps as close together as they could go, which required taking out some spacers, then it drug the bottom of the tail before the back wheels got on the ramps. They had to lift the tail up with another forklift and push it up on there a little.
The bad news is it is still on the trailer. The folks i bought it from rent their propane tanks  and have a fill service come by and exchange them. They did give me a tank with it, but it was empty. I have a neighbor that drives a propane delivery truck that is going to get it filled for me tomorow. I finally get to use my lift tomorow evening maybe.
It will be so cool to have a lift with some things my old lift didnt have. The new one won't smoke, has brakes, the cylinders don't leak, and the seat has a cushion.WOW.  :o :o  PC
pc

Ironwood

It is the little things that make such a difference (like BRAKES). How nice to have.  :)

Congrats, Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

sandhills

Ok, now you're just braggin!  Brakes, no leaks, seat cushion.....  Just kidding, I hope it works out great for you, and also hope it's a little easier to unload than load  ;), I know how my luck would go  :).

paul case

I just knew that someone would call me a sissy when I mentioned a seat cushion!PC
pc

paul case

Well we got her off the trailer thise afternoon and it works real well. rides a little rough with them hard tires but the more I look at it I believe the tires and wheels from the old lift will fit on it. It is quite an impressive machine and I am sure I got more than I paid for. PC
pc

Thank You Sponsors!