iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gotta See

Started by Magicman, February 10, 2012, 07:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I do not wear glasses, but "drug store" 1.25 reading glasses are always close by.  For years I have also carried a pocket magnifier.  They are fine for reading and laptop use, but seeing stuff that used to be large and unexplainably has gotten quite small, I got a pair of 3.5 reading glasses.   :o   They are much too strong for regular use, but for removing splinters and other important stuff, they are OK.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I went that route for a few years. I got tired of taking them off and on. The eye doctor cures that for me and I have the safety glasses too. No need to reach for another pair when sawing. But could buy alot of cheap glasses for what I paid for these.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trapper

I have gotten in the habit  of anytime  I am working around the house and all times when outside I wear safety glasses with built in bifocals.  I buy them at woodcraft  and online at safety glasses USA.  There are many sources for them online.
marv
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

I did not know that they were available.  Thanks.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I saw a pair of those safety glasses with the built in bifocal for reading at Walmart for the first this past summer and snapped up the only pair they had. They were about 6 bucks. I have them right here on my desk
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

And that is a good price just for the safety glasses.  I'll check my Wally tomorrow.

I put the reading glasses insert in my welding helmet.  Talk about making a difference.  The only problem is that when Marty, who wears glasses, puts them on he can't see anything.   ;D

sandhills

You guys are lucky, my wife makes fun of me because my glasses are always the first thing on and the last thing off, I can't see my hand in front of my face without them.  At 38 years old, and my eyes not hardly changing for a lot of years I'd like to look into lasics (spelling?) just to see if I'd even qualify, people I know that have done it say they love it.

Ford_man

I have worn glasses for a long time , about 30 yrs ago I got double bifocals ( not tri focals) . they are the same on the top as they are on the bottom. This really helps when working under the dash of the old truck. splitwood_smiley

Raider Bill

Quote from: sandhills on February 13, 2012, 03:30:46 PM
You guys are lucky, my wife makes fun of me because my glasses are always the first thing on and the last thing off, I can't see my hand in front of my face without them.  At 38 years old, and my eyes not hardly changing for a lot of years I'd like to look into lasics (spelling?) just to see if I'd even qualify, people I know that have done it say they love it.

Money well spent IMO! I had it done to one eye about 11 years ago. Now I can wear cheap sunglasses! 8) 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

DanG

Ten or twelve years ago I bought a pair of bifocal sunglasses at Big Lots for $4.  It was the only pair they had and just happened to be in my strength.  I've never found another pair.  They were great for fishing on the boat, but some bigfooted clod named Dan stepped on them one day last year. :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

doctorb

DanG-

I have had the same problem.  I found that I was better off getting the sunglasses I really liked (for fishing) and adding little press on magnifiers to the lower part of the lens.  I think they are called Optx and i bought them originally from BassPro and then later off the internet.  You can trim them to take up only a small portion of the lense, which is all I need when tying a knot on a lure.

It's nice becasue you can take them off and use them elsewhere if you choose, or replace them if your eyes need stronger lenses.  try Riverbum.com

Perscription sunglasses are very expensive to sit on. :D :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Left Coast Chris

I am near sighted so can read great with no correction but cannot read road signs or see small animals or children in the road while driving  :o.

Since 17 I have worn long wear contact lenses.  They work great but at age 48 had to start wearing magnifiers if the contacts are in.   

Last year the eye doctor offered me bifocal contacts.  Im wearing them now.  They work great so far.  :)  Anywhere I look, near for far I see fine.   
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Corley5

Dee and I had Lasik almost two years ago.  I highly recommend it.  After wearing contacts for twenty five years and glasses ten years before that it's great.  I still find myself reaching for my glasses when I get up in the AM :)  I'm all about cheap sunglasses.  Every expensive pair I've had lead short violent lives.  Cheap ones just keep on going  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!