iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log Splitter infeed table

Started by Maplekid, February 10, 2012, 06:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maplekid

I remember seeing someone post pictures of a super split with a large infeed table next to it. He loaded logs on it with a loader and bucked them then te chunks slid down to the splitter. I searched for 2 hours last night and couldn't find it. I have a super split an want to build an infeed table. Does anyone know who's that is or what post their on. ThankS

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

brendonv

I'm interested too.  I've got a super splitter, grapple trailer, and mini loader with grapple and forks.  Just not sure how to set it all up efficiently, with a table too.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

John Mc

I wonder if you guys saw Logrite's wood processor? It's built around a SuperSplit splitter. They've obviously put a lot of thought into the design.

Check out the Logrite section here of FF. Look for the "Firewood Processor" and "Updated Splitter Video" topics.

I've often wondered if they'd consider selling a "retrofit" kit for folks who already own a SuperSplit. (not that I own a SuperSplit... but it's nice to dream...)

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

John check out my second link. Logrite wood processor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maplekid

Those links weren't the one I was originaly looking for but they gave me some good ideas. I remembered I have an 18' flatbed deckover trailer in not so great condition sitting out back. It would take too much to make it road legal so I think it is going to get turned into a mobile infeed table. It will stay on the farm but I can move it with the bobcat or tractor. It has a wood deck so I can buck wood on it if I need to. I just need to build a platform on the end of it to put the splitter on. This will keep the trailer deck and splitter beam at the same height. This summer Im going to try to buy the conveyor from the farm I run tractors for in the summer. It came with a group of equipment the farmer bought and he doesnt need it so it his been sitting in a barn for 10 years.

thecfarm

I drove by a guy that was selling firewood. He had a deck over a manure spreader and was sawing the wood standing in the spreader. Had an old pulp loader to put the logs onto the deck. Did not see it but that once. Still has the sign there but no equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!