iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new workshop floor (maybe) with pic

Started by Quebecnewf, February 08, 2012, 04:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Well I have had the bright idea to make some black spruce flooring for my workshop. Started cutting them a few days ago. Here are 2 loads they are a small log. My plan is........

saw into board
kiln them
straight line rip to width
then plane and T & G.

Quebecnewf

tyb525

What type of subfloor do you have, concrete or wood?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

timbuck2

Quebecnewf

Quote from: tyb525 on February 08, 2012, 05:42:51 PM
What type of subfloor do you have, concrete or wood?

I have a plywood subfloor 3/4"  T&G sitting on 1 1/2 Styrofoam then 1 1/4" board
The bobs are not real old just repaired and used very hard as you can see from the load
Quebecnewf

WDH

I am looking forward to following your progress.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

rlahaise

I would love to see closeup pics of those bobs without the logs on board.. with 10 horses on the place it would be nice to put them to work..

timbuck2

I got a complete set of irons for 2 pair, wood is long gone.  You come pick em up you can have em. :D

Holmes

Quote from: rlahaise on February 10, 2012, 03:22:32 AM
I would love to see closeup pics of those bobs without the logs on board.. with 10 horses on the place it would be nice to put them to work..

If you go to Quebecnewf and look under his posting around # 76 you can see a bob less wood.
Think like a farmer.

timbuck2

At the Zealand logging site, circa late 1800's, the so called Lumber Baron "Ave" Henry logged off 1000's of acres of old growth Spruce, had logging RR's and huge sawmill near present day Twin Mt.    When I was a kid hiking along the Zealand Falls trail there were about 100 or more double bob sleds rotting away on the side of the old RR bed.  My great Grandfather, was a 17 year old snubber handling the ropes when the loaded sleds had to come steep downhill.  His hands were all scarred up til he died at age 96.   And I agree, logging is in your blood.

Thank You Sponsors!