iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DVD cabinet,built to "orders"

Started by jamesamd, February 07, 2012, 10:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesamd

I was told by My better half,"I have nowhere to put My DVDs"
I was told where it should go and how big it could be.

I convinced Her to make it one shelf taller and a little wider.

Solid cherry construction all shelfs are sliding dovetails.The top is dadoed,(it was done before I thought of the dovetails) :(
The doors twisted a little,I'm hoping that over time the pull from the super magnets will help some.
Ya gotta hope. :D
35 3/4" X 21 1/2" X 6 1/4" deep
Ya,a couple of twists and bows but I still like it,the wood was all, cherry should be,mesmerizing. :)

front view

left side grain

routed base

left side grain

bottom shelf

top grain

rare earth magnets hold the doors closed

final resting place

wide view of its home

doors opened

Thanks,Jim.

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

WDH

DanG!  How many DVD's do you have, anyway  :D. 

James,

That cherry is beautiful.  I love the top, especially, so do not cover it up.  Your piece brought a smile to my face, tonight  8).

If you build to "orders", then I may have a few "orders"  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Quote from: WDH on February 07, 2012, 10:56:43 PM
DanG!  How many DVD's do you have, anyway  :D. 

You really want to know.? If I recall, James has more than Walmart. :D I'm right up there, I have a book case bigger than that stuffed full, 2 rows deep per shelf, plus stuff above the rows.

That's lovely cherry. I know the southern boys like wide boards. Makes their mouth water. ;) ;D You did a fine job James. Now if I place my order it has to ship some distance further than your shop to the living room. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

T Welsh

jamesamd, OUTSTANDING!!!! Cherry is one of my favorites, great pick on boards and grain orientation. its almost a shame to put dvd,s inside and cover all the character up. how about a curio cabinet for the wife ;D. you might get some brownie points at the same time  :D. great job. Tim

TreeWinder

Very nice, great job on the matching panels.

Ed
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

Axe Handle Hound

Very nice!  What finish did you use and how did you attach your trim?  Is it face nailed to the sides of the carcass or does the carcass sit in a rabbet? 

CHARLIE

That is a very fine piece of woodworking! Very nice! Cherry sure is a beautiful wood and you made a great choice using it. I hope you signed and dated it 'cause that'll become an heirloom for sure! :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bill Gaiche

If I were a DVD I would love to stay on one of your shelves. Very nice work. bg

reride82

Very nice, I really like the top and the botom and the sides! Heck, I like the whole thing! Good work and I hope it more than fulfilled the 'orders'  :D
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Red Pill

Very pretty. Love that cherry.

We gave up on storing our DVDs in the cases. We bought two big albums with pages that hold 4 DVDs on each side. There are several boxes of the cases in the attic and the shed now. Of course, we'd have more room for DVDs if we didn't have enough books to open a small library . . .

jamesamd

WDH,it seems everything I build for the Mrs.,has many specifications. :(

Donk,shipping is not a problem.My labor costs,however will make Your knees weak!

Tim,Thanks! The cabinet above the new one is crammed full of Sworafski. :D

Winder,Thanks.

Hound,the bottom trim is pin nailed to the sides and lower shelf and a glue block was added center front.
Thank You.

Charlie, Bill, Reride and Red, thanks Guys for the kind words

Jim.
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

WDH

The "Wide-Board-Club" will be very pleased!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!