iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new toolbox

Started by oldsaw-addict, February 11, 2004, 06:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw-addict

I just bought a new air and watertight .50 caliber ammo can to use for all of my storage needs. I currently have my chainsaw tools in it, the lineup consists of a piece of rope for a piston stopper, a long handle 3/4 inch plug wrench and clutch remover, bar wrench, grease gun, flathead screwdriver, spare drive sprocket, falling dog for my poulan, and a pack of matches for just in case. I plan to add my other sawchains to the list of things in my toybox or toolbox whichever you want to call it. anyway, I generally have the best toolbox yet in my area, mainly because its watertight and airtight, thanks to a rubber gasket on the inside of the lid, plus I can get a kit to lock it should I so choose. I;m going to hopefully be able to paint the can a brighter color than OD green I'm thinking along the lines of flourescent green or orange.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Kevin

That sounds like a good start.
Do you have a first aid kit in there?

Corley5

Those old ammo boxes are pretty handy.  We've got a them bolted to the PTO guards on a couple of the Farmalls for toolboxes.  Work great and you don't have to worry about the lid flying open and something  jumping out.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

breederman

real handy boxes, been using one for years for saw tools they can take quite a beating!
Together we got this !

oldsaw-addict

Thanks for the reminder kevin, I gotta put the first aid kit in there too. I had no idea there were so many of you using these ammo cases for toolboxes. I should probably buy a few more of these for general storage around the house and shop. That gets me thinking, maybe I should replace the glovebox in the truck with a 50 cal ammo can :D :D :D I have a big wooden mortar box to store my bars in so maybe the army should  start selling their empty ammo cans and crates on ebay for a little extra money to give the GIs in the middle east some extra pay or maybe to pay for their flight home and some R&R for them.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

shopteacher

Try this link to Burden Sales and click on Misc. at the top.
They have a bunch of ammo cans.
https://www.surpluscenter.com/
One of those rocket boxes would make a pretty nice tool box for on the mill.  Let see Butch says there will plenty of room for the beer, chips, a few girlie magazines, some sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, some of those little smokies and a spud wrench.  Yep I better get back on that site and get one coming this way cause spring just around the corner and the sawing about to begin.

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Randall

That Surpluscenter place looks pretty good. I ordered a catalog.

Fla._Deadheader

Been dealing with them for years. Good place to shop. Just watch yer prices. ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!