iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dumb question about shaving horses...

Started by Thehardway, February 02, 2012, 11:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thehardway

OK people, please explain to me why everyone on this site is building wooden machines to shave horses.  What possible benefit could be gained by trying to shave your horse?  I know they use the tails for violin bows but this does not require a machine or shaving.  I have seen them clipper horses at a horse show and at the fair but they never shave them.  I look at this as very cruel.  A shaved horse would certainly get sunburned standing in a field and it would certainly not be very pleasant to ride.  Talk about saddle sores and chaffing, wow. 

I'm not sure why everyone recommends that a wannabe TF'er make his first project a horse for shaving or a shed.  Many folks don't even live where they can have a horse let alone a shaved one or a shed for it.

Can someone show me what a properly shaved horse looks like?  Pictures please, or even more confusing a sawing pony?  I see no way whatsoever a pony could ever saw anything.

;D

PS.  if you can't tell, the boredom at work is killing me and I can't wait to get off work and down to the house project....
Norwood LM2000 24HP w/28' bed, Hudson Oscar 18" 32' bed, Woodmaster 718 planer,  Kubota L185D, Stihl 029, Husqvarna 550XP

submarinesailor

Quote from: Thehardway on February 02, 2012, 11:07:43 AM
PS.  if you can't tell, the boredom at work is killing me and I can't wait to get off work and down to the house project....

Me too..........This new "improvement" they installed has me waiting on it way too much.  Gotta love some of them government contractors that sold a government agency a box of rocks after making them believe it's gold.

Bruce

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: submarinesailor on February 02, 2012, 11:42:07 AM

Me too..........This new "improvement" they installed has me waiting on it way too much.  Gotta love some of them government contractors that sold a government agency a box of rocks after making them believe it's gold.

Bruce

Hey!

Being a government contractor emplyee, I resemble that remark...

Herb

Jeff

I was all set to ask why you would want to shave your horse and suggest a sharp razor, a case of shaving lotion, and to be dang careful when you get to the part near the hind legs.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jim_Rogers

Can someone show me what a properly shaved horse looks like?

Pictures please, or even more confusing a sawing pony?

;D
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

jueston

after about 2 lines i was thinking "theres no way this guy is serious..."
:D :D :D

jamesamd

After reading Your post,I stopped a NYCPD horse and Her partner,in central park.After a long and open discussion on the subject,both horse and partner agreed.If any one try to shave "Her".She'll "kick them in the *uts and stand on thier neck,while Her partner,arrests them."

I now know,that I would stay far far away from shaving horses!

Jim

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Thank You Sponsors!