iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I built two sawmills last night...

Started by 4speed, January 30, 2012, 11:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4speed

... out of Legos:

My kids don't want me to play Legos anymore and if I get one more sawmill dvd in the mail, my wife is going to see about getting me some court ordered counseling. But, until the sawmill fund is complete, these will have to do.

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

eastberkshirecustoms

rph816

fishpharmer

Bravo!  Everyone must start somewhere.  8)

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Meadows Miller

Gday

I like it  :)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I aint done the since I was a kid use to build all sortsa stuff with my leggo mills ,tower yarders ,dropsider skells, skidders the works ;) ;D I am dead set sure You will have your mill sooner rather than later Mate  ;) ;D ;D  8)

regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

cutterboy

OMG, that is funny.  :D :D :D :D

4speed, give the legos back to the kids. Get your own set. :D :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Meadows Miller

1st one looks to be a Norwood and the second one is an LT15 For Sure  ;) ;D ;D smiley_thumbsup

Jeff

Years ago, I was at a flea market and bought a whole bunch of small red cedar pieces of wood, as I wanted to build a model water powered reciprocating sawmill like I saw at old mill creek. The wood is still in the closet.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Meadows Miller

I have always said Models just dont Cut It  ;) :D I like Full Scale   ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Jeff on January 30, 2012, 05:42:10 PM
Years ago, I was at a flea market and bought a whole bunch of small red cedar pieces of wood, as I wanted to build a model water powered reciprocating sawmill like I saw at old mill creek. The wood is still in the closet.

Hey Jeff that could be a Pigroast thing you draw up the plans and we all cut afew components and it could be done in a day Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8)

plowboyswr

Hey you need to build a lincon log shed to house those mills in. :D :D ;D    to funny.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Cutting Edge

If that doesn't make ya smile, nothin will!! :D :D

I hadn't seen, let alone played with Legos for years, and my nephew wanted me to join in a couple months ago.  Guys.... Legos are Hi-Tech now...got ring/pinion, DIY transmissions, real bearing inserts, dog/tooth clutches, the list goes on....I couldn't stop...it was addicting and amazing.  I wanted to get my own ever since. ;D

He wants to become an engineer like his uncle, and with "toys" like that....hes already in training.  Hes coming up this summer for a few days so he can get some hands on...maybe see if he likes sawdust.  Just glad hes not stuck in front of a TV playin games.

Thanks 4speed for the Laugh!!
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4speed

WDH, thanks to the camera on my 1932 model BlackBerry, red Legos look pink. But if you're still interested, I can ship it to you for the low price of $6,495.00. If paying by check, just make it payable to Wood-Mizer. ;)

As soon as I sell all the premium quarter-sawn lumber from that piece of full-round, I will be able to afford a hydraulics upgrade. Or, I can just steal the parts from my son that hoards all the cool Lego pieces!

WDH

Does it come with an extra bed section?  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

From the title I thought you were going to say that you built them in your dreams.  When I dream about work I'm useless the next day cause I'm already worn out from working all night. :D

sparky

Santa asked the young boy sitting on his lap what he wanted for Christmas. The boy told Santa that he wanted a train set just like the one Santa gave his father the year before. It could just as well have been a WM.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

KyTreeFarmer

Now thats funny Sparky, what Dad can't relate to that???? ;D ;D ;D
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

FeltzE

Where do you get blades for that monster? ::)

metalspinner

That's cool! :D

Stihl has an advertising campaign downunder that utilizes full scale LEGO models. I read about it in a magazine dedicated to LEGO.

We are stoopid with LEGO around this house. We have a room dedicated to it. ::)

My older son is into LEGO Robotics and competed in a national tournament last year.  His team didn't fair too well, but it still satisfied his LEGO addiction (mine, too). And adding hydraulics is not imposssible.  Just yesterday we ordered a pnuematics kit for the Robotics set. 8)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!