iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Slow down again

Started by Jeff, February 10, 2004, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This time I found the culprit. And some of you aint going to like it because several of you were using it and that was causing the bog.  The last 100 link.  The program was taking 39% of all server resources. Sorry to ya'll that like to use that program to check the forum, but it was poorly written, which I knew, but never dreamed it would crash the website. As of 10 minutes ago, its history. Hopefully the server will now come up to speed and stay there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Yee-hi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i!

Way to go Jeff!

Jeff

Do you see the difference Tom?

Tom

Jeff

I guess I get to keep my job here awhile longer eh? :D It was so slow I was ready to quit coming here...

Tom

That's stick-toit-tiveness. :D :D

Tom

I sure screwed up iespell with that remark. :D

woodmills1

I noticed a little slowness but more so a lot of the pictures, icons and trees would be the dreaded red xxxxx
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

redpowerd

whats the "100 link"?
this mornin she was goin like stink! 8)
thought that dancin fella was gunna wear his shoes off and drop his shades!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

On the entrance page there is a link to a program that generated a list of the last 100 threads to be posted on. What was happening was, it would kick up another instance of the forum whenever somebody ran it. And if several people did, it would compound the problem. Kinda like having to many programs open on your computer. Not only kinda like, exactly like.

redpowerd

ahh, dont see that page too often, allways logged in whenever online, hope that dosent slow it down. can never remember my password. ::)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Jeff

Nope, always logged on is the way to do it if you are on your own computer. If you dont come in through that main page though, you miss Ron's great Polls.

redpowerd

phew, the last thing i need to break is the internet ::)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

SwampDonkey

You been hosting internet video games again Jeff? ;)  :D  ;D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

raycon

I was blaming it on Janet Jackson..
Lot of stuff..

Bill_B

Much better today.
Yesterday I could not get on the site.
Bill B

Ron Scott

Yes, yesterday was bad, had to leave it, but had faith in Jeff. Figured that he was up to something and things are now moving along. He doesn't allow a problem to last very long. ;)

The Forum must be getting a lot of traffic with many of us "blown inside" with all this snow.
~Ron

Furby

I was about to drop Jeff a note about the ATS thread being out of order and BOOM! I got locked out of the forum.
I'm glad it's back up and running.
Thanks Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Ron Scott

Jeff,

Did the Forum go "haywire" ??  ;)
~Ron

Swede

:D :D :D :D

Oh no! I know why things slows down here.
Remember I am 6 hours earlier and now it´s 19:58 (Swede time). So I know when you wake up and start your computers. It´s at the same time it slows down. ;D ;D ;D
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

SwampDonkey

No Swede its 14:58

Isn't that earlier?  

give ya something to ponder  ;)  :D  ;D  :D  ;) hehehe
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I have not noticed any slowdowns since the removal of the offending program.

beenthere

I cannot log into "Last 100 topics" and get a "Page cannot be Found" window.  Not critical, but thought it might be information you wanted to know.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Beenthere, you should have read the whole topic. The last 100 is what was CAUSING all the problems. It is history and never coming back. :)

beenthere

Yes I should have read more carefully , and now I understand. ::) Sorry to lose it, but could tell it was poking along a bit lately. Thanks for the tip.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!