iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help on Form PT 283T

Started by Gina722, January 27, 2012, 01:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gina722

Please help me. I'm new to this and have no clue what hardwood and softwood. And pulpwood, chip-n-saw, saw timber, poles, posts, fuel wood-chips, and fuel wood-firewood.
Thanks, Gina

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

islandlogger

Welcome...we will all be more then glad to help where and if we can!!

I'm from way up North West so I'm not up on the great state of Georgia filing as such but will do what I can....
First off did you SELL timber/stumpage? If so did you contract with a logger or a independent contractor? If so, he/she/they should be able to help you with records of what they cut....I supply this all the time for the folks I buy stumpage from and I always have seperate catagories so they know what type of wood is what and what application it was sold as....
I hope that helps....if not I'm sure some one else will chime in and point you the right of way!!

Gd luck

islandlogger

thecfarm

Gina,welcome to the forum.When I had my lot cut,the logger did all the paperwork.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

islandlogger

Jeff, I think what they are after is clarity. Sounds like they have had a harves done on their land and when that is done they need to file a form which asks for details on what was harvested, what type of wood, what timber class etc.....from experience its all second hand to us as we live it, but some land owners have a hard time knowing what the difference is between pulp wood and chip saw etc, they just need direction...

thecfarm

Whoever harvested the wood should do that in my eyes. Need all of the scales slips for that info,which she should have. If it's the form I think it is,it's very simple to fill out,as long as you have the slips and know how to read them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

islandlogger

I agree, the logger should have EVERY bit of that info for her to "copy" off of, I always submit a copy of everything to the landowner for this very reason and then if they have further questions they call or email me and I'm happy to help. Around here the logger does NOT file this form, it is the land owners responsibilty to do so as the land and timber is in their name BUT they need the guidance to simply catagorize what is what....different states, different laws but the form is mandatory for Timber sales, and since it's the Land Owner doing the selling (be it in stumpage form, cord wood form or a mix and match or this and that) then the Land Owner needs to report the SALES....the logger needs to report the PURCHASE.....ahhhhhhhhh......paper work......where is my "secratary" anyway...??

islandlogger

WDH

In Georgia, timber is taxed by the Counties at the time of harvest.  Purchasers of timber are required to fill out a Form PT 283T.  This form is sent to the County Tax Assessor, and they send the landowner a bill for the taxes.  The landowner is not responsible for submitting the form; they are responsible for paying the taxes.

Gina,  your question deals with the different timber products that could have been sold by the landowner.  Each one would have a specific value and that value is reported on the Form PT 283T for pay-as-cut sales. 

Send me a personal message and I will be happy to help you.  This form is specific to the state of Georgia.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

islandlogger

WDH that's interesting and informative...like I say different regs and styles per State...glad you will be able to lend a helping hand!!

Gina722

Thank you all for the help. We cut the trees down for the land owner on our own. Normally we are contracted out. But I figured it out and sent it in. Thank you again for the help.
Thanks, Gina

Thank You Sponsors!