iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic capacities on Clark 667D

Started by sheepy202, January 30, 2012, 08:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheepy202

I have a clark 667D, serial number 534E with a detroit. I work in the exploration field and have a client asking about the hyraulic capabilities of my skidder in regard to hanging a seismic attachment off the blade. Not necessarily conventional but I've seen it done in the past. What I need to know is what kind of pressures this skidder is capable of putting out? I have no books on This machine and various sites change their facts from 90 LPM to 135 LPM and ranging from 2000 psi to 2750 psi. I need the higher end of that scale. Any ideas on where to look or anyone have the books?

Dan_Shade

welcome to the forestry forum, you've happened into a famed tradition that occurs for a few hours now and then, that hopefully you'll appreciate someday!

I can't help you with your hydraulics question, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you soon enough!

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DDDfarmer

I would think to get the best number you would have to get the model #, research and subtract a percentage for the age.  would be a real pain to modify your skidder for a job then not run to the full capacity.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

OntarioAl

Sheepy202
The answer to your question will be by accessing the pump on your machine and getting the make and model number off of it. With that information any hydraulic shop should be able to get the "specs" for that pump.   
The hydraulic pump for a Ckark skidder is mounted on the transmission or torque converter (depending on model). Take the floor plate off to access the top of the transmission/torque converter if you are lucky it may be up top and not buried down below.
I hope this helps
Al
Al Raman

oldseabee

667D main hydraulic pump 23.8 GPM with Detroit engine 20 GPM with Cummins engine.
Main Hydraulic pressure on cable version 1800 PSI, Grapple version 2000 PSI, the cable version could be adjusted to 2000 PSI if needed.
This is out of the Clark Service Guide manual.

Thank You Sponsors!