iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM troubleshooting

Started by woodmills1, February 09, 2004, 04:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

I need to chime in here.  I have an LT40HD built in 93 that I bought used in 96.  The previous owner was not real savy on set up and maintainence.  It took me a few logs to figure the correct way to align the saw blade both up/ down with roller adjustment and in out with tracking.  Then there was the blade guide adjustments.  I have to say that all of the info I needed early on was avaliable from the woodmizer manuals which I made sure to get from the owner.  Now I won't say that i never have called MW tech or that I haven't had problems to slove, just that most times the books walked me through the situation.  Sometimes just a look at the exploded drawings in the parts section did the trick.

I guess what I am saying is to take the time to read the stuff in the manuals.  I bet that even for other brands this is good advice if they are well written.  As far as calls to WM tech, they have always been right on and DanG if I can believe it, free, even for me with used and well out of warrenty.

When ya got some time I will tell you how badly the tooth setter was misaligned. :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

You're right on Woodmill1.  

I figure I'm at least reasonably mechanically inclined.   I've overhauled a Chevy inline 6,  swapped the 350 out of my 77 'Vette for a 400,  and got the blinking 12:00 on my folk's VCR to stop blinking.

But even after 10 years of running our Wood-Mizer I still run into some problems that stump me.  I do go to the manual and trouble shooting guide.  But I tend to discount some of the probable causes too soon.  

I've ended up calling Wood-Mizer and they walk me through the problem – and you can about tell they are reading the same manual and adding a little from experience.  Sure enough,  there it was.  Right there in black and white.

Now that Mary has taken up sawing pretty much full time,  she has also tackled some of the problems too.  She's got to know a couple of the WM customer service guys by their first names.  They have walked her through some pretty complex analysis and updates.

Mary's latest adventure was to change out a couple of PC boards and other components on our Accuset.  She had to use an amp/volt meter to read values on various parts of the circuits under various conditions.

She's said more than once lately,  she wishes she could go to Indy for a couple of weeks and get trained on how to repair the electrical systems on a Wood-Mizer.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Swede

This is very important and leads to new busiess;  never leave a costomer until all his/her questions is answered, before or after a transaction. I think that´s the way Woodmizer has get their position at the market. (even it´s not a 4-poster ;D )

In 19 years as a supplyer I´ve lost just a couple costomers I didn´t  "want to loose". I´ve not make any marketing for about 15 years, my old costomers makes me fully occupied buying them self or telling other about me.
When you don´t get support from your supplyer any longer your investment is used up! No one wants to pay for problems and get left alone with them. It´s no achievement making business one time but when people calls you without thinking of it you are in business.
And I never ask twice for a deal, ether as a costomer or supplyer. :)

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

woodmills1

Swede you are just gonna have to come over here and see what this good old 2 post orange wimpy(I don't think it is) thing will do. :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

ARKANSAWYER

You really need to get to know your mill.   I spend Sunday afternoon workin on Wanda and it has paid off.  I have only been broke down twice and both times at home.  Now the other day on the road my hydralics came to a halt.  Knowing my machine so well I applied some RedNeck servicing to it and was sawing again.  My customer was impressed that the machine was so "fixable".  Called WM when got home and new part was on the way.
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

woodmills1

If I am lookin right that fuse :D is not the right amps. :D :D

Stump Jumper

O i see now he is jumpering the selanoid with a clamp 8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Thank You Sponsors!