iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ID this blade?

Started by tyb525, January 24, 2012, 06:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

I was given this blade today. 16" diameter, 16 teeth. 1 1/8" arbor. Hit it quick with a wire wheel to clean surface rust off. There is no surface pitting. Looks like carbide teeth. There are no markings whatsoever on the blade.

My question is how much HP minimum do I need to spin this blade, I plan on using it on a buzzsaw hopefully (cutting slabs). Otherwise I'll paint it and hang it on the wall.

I would post a picture, but JUpload is not working.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

learydeere

I built an edger with a 14" blade and had a 2hp electric motor 220v and it would rip 2" green lumber no problem

NMFP

One issue you will need to look at is what RPM the speed must run along with what the rim speed must be while in the cut.  Normally, a blade of that size will work for whatever you want due to the small diameter.  I have a blade at home that is marked for 1750 rpms and one that is marked for 3400 rpms.  I would certainly not run a saw higher than the MFG rated speed though.

Do you know the age of the blade?  Is it insert style?

Thank You Sponsors!