iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Tapestry Auction

Started by Jeff, January 23, 2012, 06:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

At request, we've started up our Forum Auctions again with this first one here  :)

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=support&item=1327965817

YOU MUST CREATE A SEPARATE LOGIN FOR THE AUCTIONS. THE AUCTION SOFTWARE IS TOTALLY SEPARATE FROM THE FORUM. I'd recommend registering with the same name as here so your fellow members can see who they are bidding against. It makes it more fun. Guests are welcome to register and bid at the auction location as well.

These auctions work a bit differently. It does not allow "sniping" as they call it. If a bid is made within 10 minutes of the end of the auction, the auction is extended ten minutes from the time of the last bid.

Have fun!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I made this topic sticky. It will stay at the top of the general board.  :)   I'll see about putting a link at the top of the forum as well.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its GREAT to have an auction site! Thanks Jeff!   8)

Maybe some of these guys will put their carvings on here!

Buck

Is this set up to take our FF sign on info? If so something is wrong. It keeps kicking me back because of password.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

scsmith42

It won't accept my password either...
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WDH

The auction software is different than the Forum software, so you have to establish a password for the auctions.  Use your regular User Name.  I think that you can use the same password, but you have to set it up on the auction site.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scsmith42

Quote from: WDH on January 23, 2012, 08:43:40 PM
The auction software is different than the Forum software, so you have to establish a password for the auctions.  Use your regular User Name.  I think that you can use the same password, but you have to set it up on the auction site.

ok.  It says at the bottom of the auction site that there are only 49 registered users...  I'll see about registering.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The only way I can get my username and password to work is to go to the email you received when you registered.
Copy and paste your user name and then copy and paste your password.

Ya'll try this a let us know if this works for you. It works for me.

Jeff

You're apt to be confusing things now. The problem is not the username and password you receive by registering with the auction, Its thinking you are already registered simply because you are a member of the forum. You are not.

sandhills

I try registering with my username and get the response that my alias has already been used, I don't remember seeing that the first time I tried to register but I have also not gotten an email, no big deal, just thought maybe I needed to change my handle for the auction registration.  Don't let me think too hard on this one, I'd end up bidding against myself  :D.

Texas Ranger

Jeff, said I would get an email with pass word, never came.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Did you go back and try and request a password?   Jeff never said that to you by the way. ;)

Texas Ranger

No, Jeff did not say that, the sign up program did, and I never got it.  Went back and signed up again under a different name (TRanger2) and got the message I would get an email with the pass word.  Never came. 

I live under a little black cloud.

Texas Ranger

Third try was a charm, got a pass word by email, will try to work it in the morning.

Jeff

You have to make sure you do not typo the email address, as you won't get anything if you do.

tcsmpsi

Mine came right through, immediately.  Perhaps a domain email other than the 'generics' (yahoo, hotmail, etc.) might make a difference??
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Jeff

I think that some ISP's may throw the emails out due to the simple fact that they are an auction email and they are getting called spam. yahoo, gmail and hotmail all have tight controls on fishing type emails related to "auctions" and I have to think that could be the case.

Ive tested it with every email I have and can't get it to fail, other than when I typoed an address. :)

tcsmpsi

I did just try the link in my email to go to the site, as it pronounced I had been outbid.   ;D  But, it was a 'problem loading' page.  Of course, I just went on my own....just to take a look, you know.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

sandhills

I still can't get a password, Jeff your pm last night came through on email so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I also tried the request password part this morning and it said I'd have an email but haven't gotten it yet.  Does "spam" get taken out altogether on hotmail or will it still show up in "junk"?  (p.s. Jeff, your pm showed up in hotmail as junk, I'm starting to hate hotmail, but really have no idea what I'm doing anyway  ::)  :).

Jeff

I don't know what hotmail does with it, but I know the server is sending it or I would be getting bounce backs in the log. Of mine was in the junk, I'd be certain they decided to do something different with the other as well.  Do they have a way you can whitelist an email address?

D Hagens

Hotmail is sending everything from the forum to my junk, not only that it's taken close to a day to get it.
Yahoo is working perfectly, not too sure about gmail as I just change my addy.
BTW Jeff I pm you, did you get it?

Radar67

With hotmail, if you sign in to hotmail on the web, go to your junk folder, find the message being tagged as junk, open it, and select "this is not junk" at the top of the page.

You may have to do several messages that way, depending on the email address they are originating from, but they will start getting delivered to your in box.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

The forum emails that may need to be added to the addressbook or white list would be

trees at forestryforum.com
admins at forestryforum.com
and
noreply at forestryforum.com

Radar67

You can also select "wait, this is safe" from the open message and a box will ask you if you want to add the email address to your allowed list.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!