iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Warm Weather Photos to Brighten your Day!!

Started by McGruff, February 09, 2004, 06:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGruff

Well we have been busier than heck!!  I haven't been here for a little while....

But

If I can remember how to post photos, here are a few from beautiful Jamaica.  Sue and I just got back, Saturday, from a week visit to the Sandals, Royal Caribbean Resort, in Montego Bay.  This was our second stay there in five years.  We hope to make the time frame between visits a little shorter, next time.  

This is a picture of Sue as we were preparing to board the boat in the background to travel to the off shore island.

This photo is a picture of Sue and the Jamaica Constabulary force.  They have a boat they travel along the coast on.  The keep the vendors on surf boards away from the resorts the best they can.  A couple days later they stopped by again and were eating lunch at the resort.  They had confiscated a surf board from one of the vendors, and placed it on their boat.  Unfortunatly they forgot to gaurd the boat and the vendor snuck on the resort property and stole his surfboard, back.  It just so happened Sue and I were standing on the pier looking at the police boat when it happened.  If I were a little quicker in the head I could have captured the whole scene on tape.  I missed a great oppurtunity!!

This is a picture of Sue posing near two local musicians.  They got upset with me because I had taped them and broken the international copyright law.  Good thing the JCF wasn't nearby when that happened!!  They were very good and obviously wanted to be paid to be recorded.

This is the day after we arrived home.  Yuck.  Certainly won't be keeping my tan for long in this weather!!

Hope you have almost as much fun looking at the photos as we did taking them.  If you ever get the oppurtunity to get away I highly recommend the Royal Caribbean, Sandals.   They treated us like royalty.  If anyone needs additional info leave me a note.  

P.S.  I just wanted to share our experience.  I am not associated with any travel agent or Sandals.

shopteacher

Boy McGruff, you shore know how to louse up someones day.  Here I was sitting eating my salami and swiss sandwich, 10:30 in the morning (my lunch break) , feeling like I'm coming down with something and decide to bring up the forum for a little enlightenment.  Had finially gotten to the point where I didn't mind being here today and what do you post?  Sunny skies, warm weather, good looking girl (Sue)  :o and the Caribean. Well thanks a lot, think I'll go stick my head in the planer now. :D
 Jamacia really looks like a great place and sounds like you had a great time. Just a little jealous in Pittsburgh. ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Gus

OHHH McGruff!!!! Ya didn't have to did ya'? ::)
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

whitepe

I am jealous of the warm weather.   8)
My wife left Illinois yesterday Feb 8th  to spend 10 days in Miami, Florida to try and sell Cat Engines to folks who make
big boats.  On Feb. 12th,  She gets to meet a famous
Michigan comedian,  Tim Allen.  It seems Tim just bought
a 54 foot boat with CAT engines and the marketing
department worked a deal with Tim to tell why he chose
CAT engines.  My wife spent last Friday running around
getting Tim CAT shoes, hat, shirt and jacket.
In the meantime.... I get to freeze here in Illinois and take her dog out for walks three times a day.   :'(
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

OneWithWood

Perry, didn't you just get back from warmer climes in India?
Don't expect those of us who haven't been able to go aoutside without a jacket for some time now to feel sorry for you!!  :D

Tim Allen you say.  I am surprised he did not install that honker of an engine that was posted a short while back  ;D

McGruff, looks like you two had a great time.  Fond memories will get you through until the spring thaw. :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Patty

Boy, McGruff, you know how to hurt a person. Here I am looking out over snow, ice and wind wondering just how many layers I'm gonna need to go scoop snow,  :-/ and you post these beautiful photos of Jamaica.  Looks like you had a great time, though, and really that's all that counts. ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

whitepe

OWW,
Oh well,  I thought I could get a little sympathy from friends
here at the forum but I guess not .  :'(
Not only did I have warm weather , 72-80 F,  in India
that spicy food kept me warm too.  I just spoke with one
of our managers about a half an hour ago,  It looks like
another trip to India, this time Bangalore instead of Hyderabad
might be on the agenda in the near future.  I hope that
there aren't any guys with bullets on the flights this time.

Mark M

It sure is nice to be able to get away to where is it warm for a a little while. My company took us to Jamaica a few years back for some "training". First time I ever got to fly into "summertime" and I loved it.

Did ya try any of that Jerked Chicken?

Mark

whitepe

I had tandoori chicken and chicken tikka
I don't know about jerked chicken.

I did see the "Modern Chicken Center" however.
A plywood hut with a dirt floor where some chicken
farmer sold his chickens out of wooden crates.
Yup, the shingle on the hut said "Modern Chicken Center"
It even had a picture of a hen painted on it.  :)

McGruff

India?  Ow, that would be an awful long flight for me.  I have flown quite a bit over the years, never have cared for going 500+ miles and hour at 45,000 feet, at the mercy of a couple people I don't know!!

Mark, we had wonderful meals, jerked chicken (good with beer), fresh fish, lobster, (had one steak, didn't really care for it), and the vegetables are great.  No green houses needed there.  Obviously, the growing season is non stop.  Put plants in the ground any time of year, and they'll just grow.  The pina colodas went down pretty smooth also.  That red stripe beer will sneak up on ya if your not careful, though.  The fish and vegetables were my favorite, I even at them at breakfast with an omelete. Yup, gained 7 -10 pounds or someone played a trick on me and shrunk my pants!!

The ground trip is interesting.  In Jamaica motorists not only drive on the wrong side of the road, but some of the drivers believe they can stop those darn shuttle buses on a dime.  The roads are a little narrow, also.  When leaving the airport there is a sign that reads, "470 traffic deaths in 2003".  ( I believe that number is close)  Seems to be an awful high traffic mortality rate for such a small country.

Once at the resort, we choose to stay and not take any of the tours.  We'd like to go back a third time in the future.  And like this time, I'm sure we'll plan to leave the resort and see some of the sights......and then stay at the resort.

I wish we could catch a trip to Jamaica for "training"  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!