iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re-Hydrate

Started by Magicman, January 21, 2012, 03:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, snow is on the ground and storms are coming elsewhere, but it has been in the mid 70's here.  I have a "road trip" sawing job next week (115 miles) and it could get rather warm.

I thought that it was time to mix up my "sawmill refreshments", which consist of roughly equal parts of Spark, Rehydrate (Advocare products) and Gatoraide.  I found that mixture to be very nice last Summer.

I put a scoop of the mixture in about every other cup of water that I drink.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jueston

when i was in iraq i would often drink gatorade mixed 50/50 with water so it wasn't so much sugar.... i would also snack on beef jerky throughout the day, that helps with keeping body full of salt and a little protein does the body good....

MotorSeven

I mix powdered Gatoraid & a scoop of Tang...seems to satisfy my sweet cravings and keep me hydrated. Wintertime always has me forgetting to take the mix out with me in the morning...bad mistake.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Chuck White

True MotorSeven!

We seem to forget that we can get dehydrated in the wintertime as well as the summertime.

Good point!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Stump Jumper

fresh lemon juice with pulp water maple surp and a little kyane (sp) pepper.
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

hamish

What ever happend to good ole water?  Save your body and forgo the snake oils, water does just fine.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

mad murdock

Hydration or the lack thereof, I think is one causal factor in the winter, there seems to be a cold and flu "season" much moreso than during warmer temps. Your immune system gets tapped out a lot quicker when you aren't fully hydradrated or go for days under hydrated.
Welcome hamish  to the forestry forum.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Magicman

First, Welcome to the Forestry Forum, hamish.  Good point.

Nothing wrong with "good ole water".  Notice that I mentioned that I only add an additive to about every other cup of water, and even then, my scoop is relatively small.  Overloading on sugar/chemicals can cause nausea, but moderate amounts seem to give me a boost during the workday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodwalker

Our safety department says to use the sports drinks in moderation. They recommend a 1 bottle sports drink to 3 bottles of water ratio. I never have liked the  Gatoraide type products, to much sugar.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

red oaks lumber

water seems to do the trick :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

MotorSeven

I found myself really dragging mid day on just water. I tried it, but in the middle of the summer plain water just does not cut it for me. I wish it did, but Gatoraid/Tang mix keeps me going when water does not.....maybe I am njust getting old ::)
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Cutting Edge

Quote from: jueston on January 21, 2012, 03:54:12 PM
when i was in iraq i would often drink gatorade mixed 50/50 with water so it wasn't so much sugar.... i would also snack on beef jerky throughout the day, that helps with keeping body full of salt and a little protein does the body good....

jueston: Thank You for your service!  Have two bro-in-laws that did several tours

Salt is of the upmost importance involving hydration.  Gotta have the salt to retain water.  Ol farmers would visit the same salt block the cows used and whittle some off witha pocket knife...and Yes it works.  I always start w/ salt intake the evening before...and instead of mixing drinks, there are tablets with all the same/right stuff but without all the sugar/bad crap.  Used to take 'em when welding in a 120° shop w/ full leathers 60 hrs/week.  Muscles did much better, head was clearer, just less fatique period.  Kidneys were thankfull too...tabs and alot of water, plus less stuff to carry and no mixing
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

jueston

Yes, the problem with 'just water' is salt, our body sweats out electrolytes, which are salts and potassium mostly, and if we don't replace that then we get more fatigued like some people have said. Also our body retains more water when we have the right amount of salt in our body.,
Of course filling your body with a bunch of sugar isn't going to help very much either.... You need a certain balance...

Dave VH

lots of water, and sunflower seeds keep me going
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Stephen1

I found I was cramping at night, even though I was drinking plenty of water, then realized I was on a salt reduced diet , due to high blood pressure. I then starting drinking G2 which has less carbs, sugar, but still the potassium which made a big difference. I now don't cramp, not as tired either. Salt and potassium allow the body to absorb 25% more fluid.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

bama20a

Mixing Honey & water is a good drink.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Buck

MM, that Spark and Rehydrate is good stuff. My son Cody found it to be really good while in training with baseball too.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

steve phillips

howdy all
i know in the shop if i get tired of water i will make a jug of water and just throw in a lemon . just gives the water a little taste is all
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

Magicman

Quote from: Buck on January 22, 2012, 05:50:53 PM
MM, that Spark and Rehydrate is good stuff. My son Cody found it to be really good while in training with baseball too.   

The subject came up last year when I was sawing in 95°+ weather and LOGDOG came to my rescue.  I found that I personally liked it better mixed and with the Gatorade added.

dail_h

Where would one find Rehydrate??
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Magicman

It is an "Advocare" product.  I got mine from LOGDOG.

LOGDOG

I'm glad you guys liked it. It's been good for us here too. I've been hitting the Re-hydrate lately myself since it's been in the 70's and even low 80's the other day. I still drink 1 or 2 cups of Spark every morning as does my wife. Plus we both try to drink a gallon of water total whether it's got Spark or Re-hydrate carrying the vitamins and supplements in it. We also invested in a good filter to filter our water. Shocking what you find in your water filter and how much better the water tastes when filtered. I now say, "If you don't have a filter, you ARE a filter." We rarely drink soda anymore.

Guys, Advocare changed up the formula on the Fruit Punch Re-hydrate. I like it even better and it dissolves much better ...completely and easily in fact.

petefrom bearswamp

doesn't get all that hot up here, but i hydrate as necessary with plain old H2O
I worked in the woods marking trees for a lot of years at temps of up to 15 below.
My doc told me hydration was even more important in cold weather.
He said that Every breath that takes in cold cold air the air has to be heated  to body temp causing dehydration.
Made sense to me so I drank a lot in the winter.
I don't use any of the commercial products, maybe just some honey and lemon for tart flavor  in water and get plenty of salt in my diet.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!