iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do you change the temp setting

Started by Ford_man, January 21, 2012, 02:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_man

I have a Central boiler that the temp of the water at the boiler is only 167 degrees. how do you change this setting. I think the water should be at least 185. splitwood_smiley

boilerman101

Which Year and model do you have? Classic or E Classic?
I have an E Classic now, but had a Classic prior. I may be able to help...
If a later model Classic with an LED read out, press the set button, then press the up arrow until it goes to 185, then hit the set button again.

Ford_man

It is a classic 5648 I bought it in 2002, it has a digital temp gage but no set buttons that are visible on the outside. splitwood_smiley

Clam77

Does the manual have how to do it in it somewhere??
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

boilerman101

If it does not have the set and arrow buttons, that model may have been made prior to offering the adjustable feature. You could check with your dealer.

martyinmi

My father-in-law had the same boiler-except his was an '01. If I remember, it had 2 mechanical aquastats- one had only a high temperature function(his was set at 200*), which basically just cut the power to the other one, and the other one controlled the high and low set points. They were located behind the side door where the pump is. He was always messing around with his. I believe he had to take the cover off from the thermostat, and using a small flat blade screwdriver, turn them up or down(there were two dials with numbers on them) to get what ever temperature he wanted. It was a real pain, so he and I took it out and put a Johnson A419 digital controller in it. We were still able to keep his original digital display hooked up. It was only about $60 shipped to my house. The probe comes with it.
   Love Controls also makes one that is just as easy to install. I think theirs is a TCS10. The probe is sold separately.
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

albirk

I think that stove has a set temp no ajusting two things to try take out temp probe and aquwastat and clean with fine sandpaper 600 to800 grit if that don't fix the problem change out the dig. readout and transformer I have had to do both

Ford_man

Thank You Sponsors!