iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Going On Here

Started by Meadows Miller, January 20, 2012, 08:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

See here we go again.....  :D  It seems as if even you pro grits people have to mix in edibles to camoflauge its existence.  I don't know much...... but I can surely tell that some of you must be just using the grits as filler in your diet.   :D   yikes_smiley   yikes_smiley   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

WDH

I haven't gone "Professional" yet, but I have been thinking about it  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

I like my yokes with my toast, dip an' chow, butter for the toast , salt an' pepper for the eggs.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Okrafarmer

Oh, come one! Goodness! Of course you add stuff to grits. We add stuff to vanilla ice cream, too. It's the same kind of idea. Do you like to eat your oatmeal plain? How about your potatoes? Rice? Bread? Grits is just another of the MANY bland staples in the world. For those of you who like your potatoes without gravy, butter, or any other kind of enhancement, for those of you who like to eat "Air Sandwiches" (bread by itself), then maybe I'll listen to your arguments as to why it's silly to have a food like grits that doesn't taste good by itself. But for all of that, it tastes every bit as good as potatoes or rice does by itself. We can eat it that way, fine, but it so much better when you add something nice to it. I like to add all kinds of stuff to my vanilla ice cream too. It's like the Lego base plate. How are you going to build the little windmill on it if you don't have something to hold it all together? Grits is the official gourmet Lego base-plate of the South. So next time you eat your pancakes unadorned, we can talk about it.  :-*
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Okrafarmer,we're not talking about that long winded list of food items you mentioned,while one item was not a food item.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Pancakes should not get mixed into this ... They're good eatin'   ;D   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SamB

I'm thinhin that I must be right on the line where it's legal to have grits in your possession. I'm familiar with the product since I have family that live in SC and FL. Some family were coming for a visit so I asked the owner of the little mom and pop store about a mile up the road if he stocked  grits, answer no, but he'd heard of them. Go down the road twenty miles and you may find a box or bag on the store shelf, go another twenty miles and you might find one that's not outdated. Buckwheat flour is a hotter commodity in this part of the country. Personally I like grits, but not over buckwheat cakes. ;D

Okrafarmer

Quote from: thecfarm on March 29, 2012, 08:50:17 AM
Okrafarmer,we're not talking about that long winded list of food items you mentioned,while one item was not a food item.  ;D

Grits is food if lobster is. Yick. I'd faar rather have something with no taste than something with the wrong taste. And I grew up in Maine. Now I am going to see if I still have a pack of frozen okra to make my young cubs some gumbo.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

thecfarm

I have no idea where lobstah came into this. But I think I've had grits more than lobstah and I still live in Maine.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

:o No okra in the freezer! I didn't make it through to harvest!

JohnM

Quote from: Okrafarmer on March 29, 2012, 08:55:22 PM
Quote from: thecfarm on March 29, 2012, 08:50:17 AM

Grits is food if lobster is. Yick. I'd faar rather have something with no taste than something with the wrong taste. And I grew up in Maine. Now I am going to see if I still have a pack of frozen okra to make my young cubs some gumbo.

I'm pretty much with Okra on the lobster.  Have had them nearly every summer pretty much since  birth and have now decided they are just armored rats.  I'm done.  Where I part ways with you Okra is grits and (no offense  ;D) okra.  To each their own, right!? :D

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

WDH

Free will leads to variety  :).

Okrafarmer

I like my okra raw. One of the deliciousest vegetables to eat fresh out of the garden, even while working in the garden.

Ms Meadows Miller

Raw okra doesn't cut up your mouth?!?! My favorite is pickled.

Okrafarmer

Raw okra doesn't cut up your mouth if it is a spineless variety. Planting Star of David this year. I like pickled okra too.  ;)

WDH

I love it cut up and fried.  Okra grows good in the heat.  We put up a year's supply every year from the garden.  My wife cuts it up and batters it.  Then she freezes it in gallon ziploc freezer bags.  All you have to do is open up a bag, grab a handful, and throw it in the skillet.   

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Okrafarmer on March 31, 2012, 12:03:24 AM
I like my okra raw. One of the deliciousest vegetables to eat fresh out of the garden, even while working in the garden.

Never heard of eating it RAW????
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Okrafarmer

Hang out with me and I will introduce you to a whack of things you never heard of before!  :D

Thank You Sponsors!