iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Convinced my dog to take up bowling!

Started by Rooster, January 19, 2012, 07:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooster

So, I have a dog who is obsessed with balls.  She likes tennis balls cause they are good to eat,  softballs because they are good to eat, soccer balls, footballs, basket balls, cats,...pretty much anything that will bounce and roll when you throw it.  I can not have any children's play toys/balls out in the yard because she will find them and then puncture them.  She likes to carry them away and shread them.  So, after finding an old 16# bowling ball at my wife's old house, I came up with the idea to let the dog play with it. Sort of, "Let's see you pop THIS one!", kind of thing.  She LOVES it, and it keeps her busy for hours.  She has manged to hook her top and bottom canines into the finger and thumb holes and carry it a short distance.  She's too funny.

Rooster

"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You have an athletic dog. So is this why you hide your weights under the cabinet?  :D

Great pics! smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Rooster

YES!  She will pick them up, bring them to me over at the computer desk and then drop them...pretty close to my toes!

Pound for pound she is the toughest dog I have ever met.  But would love to sit on my lap all day if I let her.

She's Goofy!

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Red Pill

We did that indoors with my old Chessie exactly once. He got his mouth on one side of the ball and ran it all across the room and into the wall. Thankfully we had a tall baseboard, or he would have put it through the sheetrock. We bought him what is called A Nearly Indestructible Ball, made out of hard plastic. He loved it. It was smaller than a bowling ball, and he could get his mouth around it. But he's also bat it around and toss it for himself.

Thank You Sponsors!