iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Signs of spring

Started by Sawyerfortyish, February 08, 2004, 06:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

I must have been imagining it but I swear a flock of geese flew over headed north east yesterday :o. I think they were as confused as I was  ???snow on the ground ice in the ponds and 10 deg this morning. I must have been in the cold too long .

shopteacher

Their travel visa probably been revoked wherever they were. Those geese and really a magnificent work of nature, but out in nature is where they belong. Talk to anybody where they stay for awhile and they'll give you an ear full.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Kevin_H.

another sign of spring...First nascar race last nite...gotta be close to spring right...please...

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

redpowerd

anytime its over freezing theyre squakin thru the sky twords canada.  must be they try to say as far north as possible.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Fla._Deadheader

Didn't wanna make Y'all feel bad, BUT, we got Maple's blooming and other trees budding out everywhere. Today, it's 50°, 2 days ago, 85° ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Minnesota_boy

Maybe those Canada geese heard that the exchange rate was going to change and wanted to get back to Canada while they could still afford the trip??  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

SwampDonkey

Here comes the goose brigade

HONK HONK!  WADDLE WADDLE! SQUISH SQUISH!  ;D

Permanent residents at Eden Lake on the Charlottes, and lots of cigar sized goose grease in the yard to dodge.  ::)

:D  :D  :D  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

I ain't seen any geese returning yet..  Our's just left out when the cold hit a couple of weeks ago.  

BUT...  Spring can't be too far away!.  Wal-Mart has all their winter cloths on sale.  I bought 5 flannel shirts last weekend for $5.00 each.  Also,  the radio has been playing seed corn and herbicide commercials with some regularity. And we got our garden seed catalog a couple of weeks ago.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Corley5

Best of all the days are beginning to get noticeably longer 8) 8) 8).  Only five more weeks til the first day of spring :) :) :).  Then three more weeks of winter after that :( :'(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Sawyerfortyish

Well Punxsutawney Phil seen his shadow so six more weeks at least :(

Kevin_H.

With as many lights as "phil" has on him, how could he not see his shadow?  :o

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Minnesota_boy

I'm always glad when Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow.  It means 6 more weeks of winter.  Otherwise we would get 8 to 10.  >:( >:(
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

SwampDonkey

I predict farmers will have grain in before the end of April here. Its not uncommon in these parts. While in the interior or up north of me they are still wading snow. Going to be a dry spring here unless we get a major dump of snow.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

shopteacher

SD: You guys can have some of mine. I like to share.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Bibbyman

On the way home from the office today,  I saw 3 large cabin cruisers and one big pontoon boat – each pulled by a ton PU.  They were strung out for about a mile in traffic and headin' south – probably to some boat lot on The Lake of the Ozarks.

I've often wondered who could afford to buy one of these and how could they afford the fuel and other expenses to run one and,  most of all, how they could have time to play with a big cabin cruiser like that? ???
Sawing since '94

redpowerd

we used to sell pioneer seed corn +beans before they consolidated ???
i saw a pioneer  commercial way back the first of the year down in NC when i was gittin my flatbed.
never seen a corn    ad!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

SwampDonkey

You folks are lucky you have those adds. Up here I've never in my life seen an add on canadian television about agriculture. If there are adds it comes from Maine TV stations, we have to get our local weather there too. Our weather on New Brunswick TV is for coastal communities only and our weather is quite different in my location.

Just puttin in my 2 cents worth

Bibbyman

There may be an occasional TV ad for seed corn here but they mostly advertise on the radio as farmers spend more time listening to a radio than they do watching TV.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

@ Bibbyman

We don't even get farm advertising on Canadian radio. Only from US radio.  ;)

DanG

I saw a flock of geeses headed North a couple of weeks ago. Beginning to see some jasimine blossoms, now, and one of the pear trees is starting to bud out. 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

First blossums we see here will be willow in March or April, then red maple and silver maple the end of April into May during flood season.

redpowerd

ritchie feed+seed advertise from canada
thems the only ads i seen, anywhere around here
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Thank You Sponsors!