iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol ph260 question

Started by cubdriver55, January 17, 2012, 07:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubdriver55

I was wondering if anyone had a ph260 in single phase. I was wondering how well this unit works with single phase. I understand the 3 phase units are much smoother on the feed system. I have 3 phase but I found a used single phase unit for sale and I was wondering if I would be better off waiting for a 3 phase unit?

cubdriver55

Also does anyone know of any used 3 phase units for sale?

logloper

We have a single phase, and it works good. We saw 1x6 and let it dry 2-3 months. Then we skip plane it through one pass. Then we set up our moulding blades and run it through the final pass. It will keep 2 people busy. Thats doing fir, aspen, and pine.

sherpa

I have the single phase 260 and have had it for 6 years.  It is underpowered for wider hardwood, but works well for softwood.  About 90% of my business is running cedar and pine v matched tongue and groove, bead board and 1/4 log siding 4, 5, 6, and 8" widths.  Works great for this application.  I saw all my lumber to 1" and have no problem running it through in one pass. 

Hardwood flooring which is about 10% of my business, I saw to 4/4 and pre plane down to 15/16" before putting through the Logosol.

FeltzE

I have a PH261 single phase. It's underpowered in my opinion on the top and bottom planer heads, but a good machine.

I have to preplane 4/4 stock prior to running for 3x4 running 6 inch wide syp in t&g applications, The feed tends to stick a bit if you have any ragged edges or ends.

Consider a larger 3 ph machine if your doing a lot of work. If you want to see one run come visit me, I need to set up and run some stock anyway.

IMO

Eric

Thank You Sponsors!