iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forum auctions.

Started by Jeff, January 17, 2012, 02:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We've been tossing the idea around of warming up the Forum Auction software and having a few support Auctions. Burlkraft is in the midst of creating something great for an upcoming auction, so we wanted to get things started with something else first.

I posted a photo of this tapestry awhile back. Is there enough interest in it to use it as an Auction item?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fuzzybear

I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Den Socling

I wish I had the wall space in my office.

Chuck White

That's a beautiful tapestry Jeff, and it should do well in the auction, unfortunately (for me) I don't have enough wall space to hang it!

Wish I did.

It should bring a good bid!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customsawyer

Is there a buy it now price? ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sandhills

And does the bench go with it?  ;D  Seriously though, where does the bidding start?

scsmith42

That would definitely make a great auction item!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Autocar

Ive watched this sence Jeff made the post and fell it would be alot of fun but after sending a few items by mail it cost alot to ship things anymore and wonder if that would kill the whole idea.
Bill

customdave

I think it would make a great auction item!! 8) . I like auctions ;)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Dan_Shade

internet auctions would be better if there were chanters.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

beenthere

We always chant when the auctions are running.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I may have empty pockets, but I can chant. ;D That tapestry should attract some attention. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

I talked with Kevin at LogRite yesterday. He is building the final parts for the .......Great Forestry Forum Auction to Pay For The Pig

We will be auctioning a stool. Scott Smith made a beautiful Q. sawn oak nut and wooden screw. I have turned a massivly burled redwood round seat and Kevin is making the stand with legs. All made from LogRite cant hook material. It will be one of a kind and it should pay for the pig at this year's roast.

Jeff was just tryin' to warm ya'll up with this auction to get ya'll in the money spendin' mood. That's an awesome tapestry. I have never seen another like it and if ya collect old loggin' stuff you need to own that one for sure.  ;D

I have some partial pics of the stool, but I'm gonna wait till it's done and then post 'em

So save yer pennies and get ready cuz this piece is gonna be awesome and I don't want anyone to miss out!!!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Meadows Miller

Sounds Awesome Steve and Jeff  ;) ;D ;D 8) How soon  ??? Im in the money spendin mood and I want that Stool  :) is there an out bid everyone else button ;)  pc_smiley Im dead sett Im gonna get it and I aint even seen it but know its gona be Awesome ;):):):):)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Magicman

It sounds like somebody's mouth is gonna write a check that their butt can't cover.   Stir folks up and this could get very interesting.    :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

I like the tapestry and will bid on it as a gift for a friend's home.  The Mrs said it doesn't fit our decor although she does like it.

Regarding the stool, I will definitely bid on it.  BK, any idea how you are going to be able to safely ship it should, say, someone from Alaska be the high bidder?  ;)

Patty

Warbird, Burlkraft will be the first to tell you that he and UPS are pretty tight.  ;D ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Magicman on January 20, 2012, 11:06:58 AM
It sounds like somebody's mouth is gonna write a check that their butt can't cover.   Stir folks up and this could get very interesting.    :D :D

:D :D :D My butt can cover alot off things Mate ;) ;D Like Stumps ,Logs,Packs off Lumber,Peoples lounges,Picnic tables and chairs,New Sawmills ;) And That Dang Fine Sounding Stool  ;D Anything Really  ;) :D :D :D :D :D ;D
4TH Generation Timbergetter

SwampDonkey

Just hope the auction item isn't a box of turnip seed, masquerading as the family jewelry box. I'll spare you the story behind that. But there was a lot of laughs at that auction. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Quote from: Meadows Miller on January 20, 2012, 05:42:19 PM
My butt can cover alot off things Mate 

You da man Chris.  Go git um.   smiley_thumbsup  :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

Quote from: beenthere on January 19, 2012, 09:27:39 PM
We always chant when the auctions are running.  ;D

Chanting is something BeenThere picked up in the early 70's while he was at Berkeley protesting  :D  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

I'm going to go ahead and start the auction up for this tapestry this evening.

If you are interested in bidding on any upcoming auctions, you might want to get registered at https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl  or if you are already registered, use the get password function to make sure you can use your account.

This Auction software is completely separate from your forum login. You have to be registered with the auction software. This is available to guests as well as members.

again, the address auction is https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff, if it's on here I did not see it. Will PAYPAL be used or another method of payment?

Thanks!

P.S. This might turn into something where you will need a full staff around the clock!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

You can pay by what ever method is convenient. Paypal is probably the most convenient for me.  Shipping can't be figured until we know where it's going anyhow.  :)

D Hagens

Jeff I filled out the form about an hour ago, I'm spose to get a confirmation mail but nothing.
Should I fill it out again or will this screw things up?

Thank You Sponsors!