iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

will it work

Started by mooleycow, January 16, 2012, 10:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooleycow

lay a 2x6 accross the back of the cab.  secure with c clamps.  mount a winch in the center on enough 2x6 plates so crank handle clears.  use to load small boat or riding mower that won't start. 

beenthere

Better'n windshield wipers on a horses (but)...

But if this is a pickup bed, why not use the stake pockets to hold in place?
No idea what you are going to c-clamp to, as you suggest, or what is behind the cab.

But take some pics when you try it out. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

T Welsh

Try it,the worst that might happen is you break some 2x6 or bend some clamps :D. Tim

Axe Handle Hound

As long as the item you're winching isn't too heavy it will work just fine.  I met a guy in a while back that did that exact same thing so he could load old snow mobiles and one lung engines into his truck.  Just don't overdo it or something will give at just the exact worst moment!

thecfarm

I would rather use a hardwood 2X6.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: T Welsh on January 16, 2012, 08:20:31 PM
Try it,the worst that might happen is you break some 2x6 or bend some clamps :D. Tim
Or rip out your stake pockets.  If you use these for positioning probably not a bad idea to tension a strap from the front tie-downs so those are taking most of the load.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!