iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally Feeling Like Winter

Started by PAFaller, January 15, 2012, 08:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAFaller

Wife took some photos this weekend, nothing fancy. She wasn't bundled up and didnt stick around to watch me flop over some decent cherry, just some soft maple in these pics:

The boss came too:

It ain't easy...

WDH

That looks like my beagle, Shumard.  How did he get all the way up there  ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

Looks like a great day to be out in the woods working.  :)

smwwoody

Where you working at?  I'm originally from Benezette.  Cut a lot of timber in Central PA 10 years ago.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

timbuck2

Autocar

Bill

smwwoody

thats in the 200 series.  looks to be a 240
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Corley5

Nice pics 8) 8)  Doesn't look much different than it does around here.  Good winter to be in the woods  8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

JDeere

PA Feller,  Nice looking skidder. It is definately starting to feel like winter up here as well. 12" of snow last week and
-17*F this morning. The other good news, no black flys.

Stay Safe!
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

PAFaller

Ya it is a 240, and currently has a blown ujoint! Booger to get to, its the back joint of the front driveshaft, and for those of you that have worked on TJs with the divorced transfer case in the rear know just how much stuff is running through the middle of that machine to climb around and wiggle hands through. Not as bad a job as madmari's starter project though. My 240 has older style keepers for the u-joints, and i think one got loose, causing the failure. Not a huge fix but a headache when its 15 degrees and blowing pretty good. It snapped pushing logs up on the pile, so at least it was close to the truck and the tools.

Smwwoody, I am in Tioga county. Been out to Benezette a couple times, haven't seen any elk out there the times I have been through though. Its nice country out there, and I will give props to the PGC for doing some awesome restoration work and bringing the elk back.
It ain't easy...

Thank You Sponsors!