iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm starting to hate winter!!!

Started by fuzzybear, January 15, 2012, 03:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzybear

Supposed to be like this all week. It actually warmed up a little since this morning, it was -46.  Got to go cut more wood, need to keep the fire fed. Hope it makes you feel a little bit warmer where your at.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This kind of weather is why your "bears are fuzzy"!   :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Wow FB, I would hate to even think about cutting firewood with those temps, but I freeze up at +32°.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dlabrie

Wow! And I thought -7F was cold this morning! Can a saw even run at that temperature?
David in NH

Autocar

Bill

red oaks lumber

fuzzy,  look on the bright side, least there isn't black flies or mesquitios :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

pigman

My thermometer only goes to -20°F  . It would not work in your area.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Al_Smith

The only time I ever saw temps that cold was about 40 years ago and it was on the polar  ice cap and another story all together .

Better thee than me . ;)

sawguy21

One winter of that was all I could handle. Equipment won't start and stuff breaks. A number of people had flat tires, as soon as the vehicle moved the frozen bead popped off the rim.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Mooseherder

You'd better like your room mate at those temperatures.  ;)

fuzzybear

Quote from: dlabrie on January 15, 2012, 03:15:09 PM
Wow! And I thought -7F was cold this morning! Can a saw even run at that temperature?
They will run but not for long periods of time.  Bar oil doesn't flow unless mixed with diesel.
The coldest I've ever cut at was around -57/-60.  Only one cord for a family that was out of wood and money. He came and helped me. If he didn't have children I would have never gone out.
Quote from: Mooseherder on January 15, 2012, 05:33:26 PM
You'd better like your room mate at those temperatures.  ;)
So true!!! My wife and kids are used to this weather. We do lots of crafts and projects to keep us busy. Momma bakes up a storm during this weather. I'll probably gain 10lbs this week. ::)
  Stay warm every one.
FB

Riggs

OK, I will quit complaining now  :-\
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Magicman

Quote from: pigman on January 15, 2012, 04:28:58 PM

And his thermometer would not work for me because it was into the 60's here today.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Holmes

Quote from: pigman on January 15, 2012, 04:28:58 PM

Pigman you should send fuzzybear your thermometer that way he will feel / be much warmer. ;)
Think like a farmer.

gspren

Fuzzybear, the wife and I plan to be up your way in June or July, I hope your thermometer is swung around to the otherside by then.

Magic, his thermometer goes to over 100F, it's on the inner circle. -40 is where celcius and ferenheight are the same.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Quote from: gspren on January 15, 2012, 09:31:03 PM
Magic, his thermometer goes to over 100F, it's on the inner circle. -40 is where celcius and ferenheight are the same. 

OK, I see it now.  :o That surely is not a Redneck thermometer.   ;D

sandhills

Quote from: Magicman on January 15, 2012, 09:43:18 PM
Quote from: gspren on January 15, 2012, 09:31:03 PM

OK, I see it now.  :o That surely is not a Redneck thermometer.   ;D
Oh Yes It Is!  Note the bb gun hole in it  :D :D :D  Keep warm fuzzybear!

Al_Smith

Oh that's just misearable weather conditions .Not fit for man nor beast .

JD350Cmark

FB,

It looks like your thermometer is broken.  Maybe it's not as cold as it seems?   ;D

2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

Al_Smith

Well whatever but the family jewels are the size of BB's just lookng at that thermometer.---TMI .

Warbird

dlabrie

When I read your post, I goggled the weather for your area and it said -49F!
David in NH

fuzzybear

Quote from: JD350Cmark on January 16, 2012, 12:56:26 AM
FB,

It looks like your thermometer is broken.  Maybe it's not as cold as it seems?   ;D

The funny thing about plastic...it breaks very easy in the cold.  I once snapped the plastic door handle off of the car at -55.

Quote from: dlabrie on January 16, 2012, 01:46:02 PM
When I read your post, I goggled the weather for your area and it said -49F!
It has warmed up to -39 today after hitting -50 last night.  At least I'm not up north farther where it hit -75 last night.
  Keep warm every one.
FB

isawlogs

We had a balmly -25°C this morning, I went for a walk with the dogs. The snow crunch with every step is kinda neat, dogs had a good time we are in for a little snow tomorow aint got much of it so far and tell ya the truth, its all fine by me.  ;D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Warbird

It's warmed up here to a nice -33 F.  Supposed to hit -45 to -50 tonight again.  :-\

Thank You Sponsors!