iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Would you admit you knew someone that dressed like this?

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, January 15, 2012, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Over the years, my friends and business associates have nicked named me the "Beaver" and have a lot off fun calling me that. I like to have fun as much as the next guy, so I figured I would take it to the next level and have some fun back with them.

So off to shop on ebay I went. Found this little critter and added a piece of wood in his paws. Then asked the wife to sew him to the top of this hat.

I get more laughs with this hat then you could imagine. Even have worn it to go quote jobs and have found it to be a great ice breaker with new potential customers. Right off the back they get a good laugh and start talking to you like they have known you for years. I have even had customers go back to their house and call their kids out just to have them come look at the hat.

For some reason, my kids don't like to admit knowing me when I wear it around their friends, but oh well, you can't make everybody happy.

Everybody appreciates a good laugh, and I sure don't mind being the source of it. :D

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Den Socling

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

It certainly will not go unnoticed.   smiley_thumbsup  By the way, who are you anyway  ???   :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

SwampDonkey

That's what makes life fun sometimes. ;D

I knew an old couple here years ago, and I swear if they smiled their faces would crack. A couple old sour pusses. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

Better keep a eye out if you ever visit farm country Ohio someone will shoot it off your cap mistaking it for a ground hog  :D
Bill

Jeff

You should see Wildflowers hat. I feel like I should wear blaze orange if I walk near her when she's wearing it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Woodwalker

Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Dale Hatfield

Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I knew Jeff would like it.  ;D  You can come to my place anytime with it. Your kids will laugh about the hat 20 years from now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DoubleD

Wannabe a sawmiller

Den Socling

I can see where it would be an icebreaker when meeting potential customers. They probably think "I better humor this guy".   :o   :D

SPIKER

(in my best caddy shake voice of Bill Murry) naaw them dars are gofers and they like to dig hole in the golf course.   lol   

Looks just like the Caddy Shake Gofer to me not so much of a Beaver ;)   I was expecting something like the Beaver from "Airplane the Movie" that got put on the top shelf while Lesslie Nelson said
Nice Beaver" to the woman :D
Still a cool hat!

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Mooseherder

I don't see anything wrong with your hat.  :D
Try wearing this for the evening.  I can admit to this 25 years later.

SwampDonkey

Is that when the statute of limitations runs out in Fl.? :D

Thank You Sponsors!