iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No escape.

Started by OAP, January 14, 2012, 08:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OAP

I have an ash tree on my land that I want to fell now for fire wood next winter. It is 3"-3.6" foot at the base and between 40 or 50 foot high with a small lean in the wrong direction. I have often knocked bigger trees and made them fall againest the lean thats not the problem but this one has no escape route if it gose wrong.
Its like been traped in a 20 foot square room and the doorway is about to be full of tree, apart from ropes is there any other way to save or make sure my saw dont get damaged? ;)

bill m

I would be more worried about me and not the saw. Without being there and seeing the tree it would be near impossible to give any suggestions on how to fell this tree safely.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

OAP

Quote from: bill m on January 14, 2012, 08:56:23 PM
I would be more worried about me and not the saw. Without being there and seeing the tree it would be near impossible to give any suggestions on how to fell this tree safely.
[/qu
Thanks Bill I am worreid about me but was trying to sound tough  ;D

Harvey

QAP,  add a photo or two,  someone will surely give some good advice.

Harvey
For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

OAP

Sorry no photos and the next time I go up there I'll have the saw with me.
I plan to knock a gap in the wall  for me to walk out when its falling, I will have to build it again but better that then a hosiptal trying to build me again.
Thanks for the replies.

Thank You Sponsors!