iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

condensation on the accuset display

Started by jdonovan, January 12, 2012, 07:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdonovan

I'm currently hung up by some county regulations on sawmills, so I've been unable to get my mill into a building. It is currently in the yard, and at the mercy of the weather.

I've got a sawing job this weekend, so I pulled the mill out to do a quick once over as its been a little while since it ran. All was well at first, but after a while some condensation appeared on the inside of the accuset display. It progressively got worse almost to the point I could not read the display.

I put the mill into a sunny spot in the yard, and was hoping a few days of sun would dry things out. I also left the console cover open, and at an angle to keep any rain from falling directly onto the console.

Well this week it has now snowed once, and rained twice... so much for that sunny spot.  ::)

There is basically no where I can get the mill indoors, so that really isn't an option.

Suggestions on how to dry this console out by the weekend?

Should I get a console cover from WM for prevention of this problem in the future, or is a 'tarp' over the console still going to cause me problems?

terrifictimbersllc

My mill is outside with the WM console cover on it, once in a while Accuset 1 had a little of that but not as bad as you describe, don't remember any with Accuset 2 in last 2 yrs. Not sure which you have but you're welcome to my old one if you want it.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

jdonovan

The mill had a accuset1, but I upgraded and the mill is now running  an accuset2.

Magicman

If you have access to power, open it up and put a 25W light bulb inside.  The heat will dry it out.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jdonovan

Quote from: Magicman on January 12, 2012, 09:18:32 AM
If you have access to power, open it up and put a 25W light bulb inside.  The heat will dry it out.

I was thinking about something similar... but the 25w bulb would be quick/cheap/easy.

Magicman

Plus it works.  We put them in the old telephone cord switchboards for years.  That small amount of heat would keep them dried out.  I have one permanently mounted inside of my MIG welder.  No condensation on my spool of wire.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Slingshot

A 25 watt light bulb inside an old refrigerator is all it takes to keep welding rods,
welding wire, welding flux.... free of moisture contamination.

_________________________-

Thank You Sponsors!