iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Excitement

Started by Jeff, January 10, 2012, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Not like you want to see though.  Sheriff's deputy just left here after stopping by and letting us know that what we had witnessed was no longer of any danger to the neighborhood.

About 45 minutes ago our phone rang and It was Tammy. She was at the end of our road telling me to go out side, that she could not get home.  As she turned the corner, a car flew up behind her and that is when she saw all the cop cars in front of the house about half way down from the corner to ours. She arrived just at the moment when the law was rushing the house heavily armed. I got outside and watched as they drug people out and put them on the ground. It only took a few moments and it looked like 4 people. We don't know anything about the residents, other than we had heard the wife and kids had left the home earlier this fall.

We had witnessed a methlab bust right here in our quiet little neighborhood.

I didn't think about it until after watching a few minutes, to go in and get the video camera Tammy and the kids got me for Christmas. It has a 42x zoom on it. I did get it in time to see two of the suspects on their knees in front of the car. I wished I'd of had it when I was watching them get drug out and arrested.  ;D   Shortly after they had the subjects out of the house, A firetruck and has-mat team rolled in.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

That sounds like the kind of excitement and also the kind of neighbors that you do not need.  We had a local man that died last month after being badly burned in a meth lab explosion.  That is just beyond my comprehension.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Peter Drouin

Im with you MM I don;t get it either.  :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Burlkraft

Huh?...Imagine that!!  :o :o
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

It was on T.V. a few minutes ago. Really brief story with a couple still photos saying they would have more at 11:00. I bet they'd like to have my video. :)

Corley5

I saw that too  :)  Made me think of you.  I was hoping you hadn't started a new business  :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jdtuttle

I had training on how to recognize meth labs. Several years ago the County I live in had the most meth labs in NY. They are extremely volatile & dangerous. They are usually located in rural areas. The whole lab can fit in a cooler. And the people involved are very unstable. Glad their out of your neighborhood & everyone is OK.
Jim
Have a great day

Busy Beaver Lumber

Jeff

We had similar excitement here in the development I live in twice in the past 4 years.

The first time was 4 years ago, when the SWAT team raided the house 5 doors down. Blew in the sliding glass door and lit of two percussion grenades. Were not actually after the home owners, but rather an uncle that came to stay ( or hide ) at their house that was wanted for drug dealing

Second time was about 4 weeks ago. Resident from our development was pulled over in route to Chicago with large quantity of wacky weed in his car. During interrogation, he admitted to having more at home. Police suprised his wife with late night raid of house and did recover more. Here is the really sad part, she was a vice principal at a local elementary school here in Fort Wayne.

You save your money and buy a $300,000 house in a nice neighborhood, only to find out two families within your same development are drug dealers or have family members that are. What a let down
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Jeff

This has always been a quiet neighborhood. We've been here since 1984. Stuff changes I guess. This is a nice brick home, but the original family moved a few years ago and it became a rental.  We've noticed screwy things there the last few months, like the garage door being destroyed like someone drove through it, and last month, one of the vehicles in the yard had all 4 tires flat, and even from the road you could see they had been slashed.

I'll try to upload my video. Its not to bad considering I was an 8th of a mile away and holding it freehand.

Jeff

Jeff

Well that was interesting.  9 and 10 news just showed up at my door. Parts of the video above will be on the 11 o'clock news. :)

Paul_H

It was nice and clear.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Yea, I'm pretty impressed with the camera. I had no idea what was on it until I plugged it in the computer. It was to far away to see, that's why I thought to grag the camera, as I didn't know where there were a pair of Binoculars handy.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Never a dull moment in this world with the technology we have now!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Good video Jeff , maybe some nice people will move in and it will be a quiet neighborhood again. :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

When the Deputy came by, he let us know that nobody would be living there for awhile. Looking forward to seeing the news. They keep coming on the TV with teasers about it. I guess they caught them while they were cooking the stuff.

The Deputy called this a "two liter" operation.

WDH

That video was amazingly good, Producer Brokaw!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

You should see my Burlkraft and Brokaw Tamarack burn videos.  :D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Its boring. :D  Fire and two guys talking stupid.

Taylortractornut

THey should have shot them onsite.   I have a cousin on the stuff in TN and   its ruined him.        I was on a job in Alabama one time and the sheriffs  dpt called and asked us to bring in a track loader.     THey had a Lab burn down and we  had to wear  space suits to  clean up the site.   

About 3 years ago I was  helping a friend that  fosters children .   He  and his wife  had to go to the burn center as the children they were fostering went back to their parents.      While home their parents were cooking meth and  the lab blew up.        It burnt the childrens arms and backs pretty bad.       I was there for one of the  dead tissue cleaning.   The nurses were very gentle with the kids.   THe parents that had the worst of the fire  was a different story.   With a few orderlies the drs and nurses  did some heavy and hard brushing and scrubbing.
My overload permit starts after sunset

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff on January 10, 2012, 09:48:22 PM
Its boring. :D  Fire and two guys talking stupid.
It's only that way cuz you edited it  :D :D

Are you getting royalties from the Networks for your video ?
Why not just 1 pain free day?

tractormanNwv

Jeff,
  At least now after seeing what was so close to your family maybe you can breathe a little easier,we truly never know what dangers are close by. great video by the way....you did a great job.

Jim

sawguy21

Meth lab busts are a regular occurrence around here. We found out Karen's previous home had been extensively renovated before she moved in, it had been a lab. ::) The laws regarding returning a dwelling to legal for occupancy are really strict.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!