iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moving ironwood w/ Gator/crane

Started by Ironwood, January 09, 2012, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Just wanted to share todays bounty. About 5000 lbs ironwood for a job in the City. This is waaay more than I need, but about 3/4 of it is for inventory. One of my clients gives me cart-blanche with there place, anything I need, help myself. We have a relationship spanning 13 years and are very close and I care for their place as if it were my own. So, I cut haul, many of these pics are individual loads, run them back and use the crane to sling onto truck, then repeat. It was a BEAUTIFUL day here, pushing 50 degrees, and sunny. It is a wonderful place, about 1000 acres. 

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Autocar

What do you make out of those poles  :-\ ?
Bill

WDH

Ironwood as in Carpinus?

You are set up nice.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

shelbycharger400

autocar,  i made handrails from ironwood, at mothers lake house.  carved and sanded...aged so it green'd and brownded., then carved more and lightly sanded. oil poly on them now.   harder than a rock!

Ironwood

Peeled and then used for furniture, or just along a wall cause they look SO cool. These will be along a 20' wall in a resturant entry in downtown Pittsburgh. American Hornbeam, Musclewood (slang), Blue Beech, Or "coolest maximus woodius" ::)

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Don K

beautiful chair. The wood flows with the oddity of the frame.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

submarinesailor

Reid,

That is one beautiful chair.  Nice work. 8) 8) 8)

Bruce

Ironwood

Thanks, I LOVE Iironwood, hopefully so does my wife ::)

Ironwood

WDH

Most excellent.  The quality of your photographs is as good as the piece.  Very professional.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Nice set up you have to get the wood out. Much easier than a trailer to get around the woods. Really like the chair.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnG28

That is a beautiful chair you have there.   :)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Tom L

that is some super work, I like the chair and the boom trailer.

Magicman

That is indeed beautiful craftsmanship.  What a way to use what is usually a "junker" tree.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

Nice looking chair.

You have Carpinus caroliniana and call it ironwood. UP here we have Ostrya virginiana and call that ironwood. Those darn common names can get you into trouble.

Ironwood

Thanks guys, NOW i am going to start the three days of pressure washing ::) Good new is that it is still around 45-50.

Ironwood

Autocar

What a beautiful chair ! And the workmanship is just great,thanks for scharing your pictures.
Bill

T Welsh

never finished

I can only carpenter a little. That's ART!!!                             

shelbycharger400

all the ironwood around here, (alexandria mn that is) is hollow by the time its 6 in dia.

tyb525

We have both species of ironwood around here, hornbeam and hop-hornbeam :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

WDH

They are kissing cousins, but the bark is very different.

Burlkraft

Awesome chair Reid  ;)

I have had thoughts about chairs like that....well chairs in general....and they never seem to get any further than my mind  :D

Beautiful job
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Ironwood

Thanks guys,

Update: 4 trees cleaned and hour, that is about a WEEKS worth of peeling ::)

Ironwood

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

SwampDonkey

As  I said before, it's amazing what can be made from shrub wood. Nice work there. ;) Looks like blue-beech. Ironwood is O. virginiana up north.  Just saying. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!