iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally, some more cedar to whittle on.

Started by tcsmpsi, January 09, 2012, 10:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Migal

Not my original post ::) but chime'n in was getting 6 blades with LogMaster saw mill order ;) and was wondering on resharp program I'm sold now thanks. 8) still waiting on that call geez i feel like a kid on Christmas eve....!
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Woodwalker

Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

WDH

I had a guy call me last night wanting to sell me some red cedar.  I asked how big are they on the little end?  He said they go to the tip.  How long are they?  Several are 16 feet long.  How big on the big end?  One is as big as about 11 inches. 

Well, I did not buy any cedar logs yesterday  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

He was (attempting) selling, but thankfully you were not buying.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodwalker

WDH

They probably already come with wire  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tcsmpsi

What?....you don't need no fence?   :D

Yes sir, that is the predominant type of cedar gold I am usually asked to buy.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Migal

My experience is the heart of the cedar that makes a fence post last!
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Migal

Well I got to talk with Ed today! Was informed that the Cat engine came in this morning for the LM2 sawmill I ordered  8) so I confirmed that A hat would be expected as ordering a Six pack of blades. I've been laying low but am sure the questions will start fling like sawdust soon  ;)

tcsmpsi

Got a plan?  Got logs?  Going to be mobile, mobile?  Was Ed able to give you any time frame to completion?  Anxious for the moment to go pick it up?   ;D

I am.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

Migal

Quote from: tcsmpsi on February 07, 2012, 06:07:36 AM
Got a plan?  Got logs?  Going to be mobile, mobile?  Was Ed able to give you any time frame to completion?  Anxious for the moment to go pick it up?   ;D

I am.   :D
Yes tcsmpsi Ed did say when it will be ready real soon yes my excitement is grand. Oh I'm spose to have a plan dang :D As for mobile it does have tires under it  8) My only draw back is I work at a plant in the oil and gas industry and time off has been very limited but do see regular hour's in the horizion. I took a couple of weeks vacation to at least play with it a bit and hope to start a rain cover for it at least so the sun don't beat down on us. So far on logs i have a small trailer overloaded with cedar and several pines down that i cut to 8'6" and put up off of ground from the drought and a nieghbor has all the logs i want to practice on Hmm wonder what he meant by practice LOL He is a pipeliner and gets the pick of the litter for free He said he just hates to see good wood go the chippers.

tcsmpsi

Yep.  Sounds like the proper plan to me.   ;)

And, it IS good to be able to provide a use for trees that would otherwise be burned or left forgotten and forlorn.   ;D

WDH

We surely cannot have any forlorn trees  :D.

tcsmpsi

Indeed!  Otherwise, they may begin to consider we just don't care.   ;D

Migal

Hello all and tcsmpsi i posted some of my trailer frame pics ed sent me via email spose to pick her up Tuesday said they hopefully would be testing her out Monday and was planing on working Saturday some ! I would love to be there Monday to hang out with them. Migal

tcsmpsi

Do it if you can, Migal.  I did.  Spent most all day, final fitting, getting to the log cutting finale.   ;D  A grand day, indeed!

I am very much looking forward to your experience with it.   ;)

I see that LM1 head in the background...  :D

tcsmpsi

Well, Migal, do we have a mill, yet?   ;D

Woodwalker

If he got it, you are going to have to wait till after dark to find out :D

Migal

:) Yes tcsmpsi the mill is set up and milling  8) the comment of after dark Hmm Woodwalker LOL I set it up under the pole lite for now although that dang front dog is in the dark when milling so before getting all brave  ;) i cut a two inch board for last cut of the day  :-X I was right about the exercise i was going to get running it as a one man operation  :-\

WDH

Don't fret.  That will make you live longer  ;D.

tcsmpsi

Quote from: Migal on February 22, 2012, 10:01:06 PM
:) Yes tcsmpsi the mill is set up and milling  8) the comment of after dark Hmm Woodwalker LOL I set it up under the pole lite for now although that dang front dog is in the dark when milling so before getting all brave  ;) i cut a two inch board for last cut of the day  :-X I was right about the exercise i was going to get running it as a one man operation  :-\

You'll get to figuring things out.  Make fewer movements, make more sawdust.  Things like that.   :D  Then, you'll really get to work. 

Of course, now that you're here, you are required to take the time for a 'few' good representative PICTURES.   ;D

Do they still seem excited getting you hooked up?   

Congratulations!!

Migal

:-[ You could have told me that when the band blade get's dull it starts to whine on the guide roller's I was waiting for the CAT to bog switched to oak after enough practice lets cut some wood feeling  eh eh that blade is history and yes tight enough yet that i had to use the pry bar method on ban replacement (seemed like 1 hr later was spinning again) Thank God he had prior engagements today He would not of liked those choice word's oh pics  8) after paying taxes im going after some more of that cedar any pointers to when to change band for that lol would help

Thank You Sponsors!