iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

25 years ago today!

Started by Raider Bill, January 06, 2012, 01:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

I started my Company ;D www.fiainspectors.com

It has nothing to do with forestry, sawmills, but has allowed me to buy my Tennessee property and enjoy the woods.

Been quite a ride!

WOOHOO! 8) 8) 8) 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

That is a very long time.
Congratulations! 8)

Shotgun

Congratulations, Raider Bill!  You've started a good business, and you have great staying power to boot.  It's neat to see your website.  Continued good luck!    smiley_inspector Actually, "Inspector Raider."

Norm (In FL too.)
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

Congratulations on your first 25 years Bill !!!  Your business and your hobby does not need to be the same anyway.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patty

8)  Way to go Bill!!    As a business owner myself of 22 years I totally respect all your hard work. Good job!!  You should be very proud of yourself.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

JohnG28

Congratulations Bill!  Good luck on the next 25 too. 8)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Bill.....that's what life's all about! You're very blessed!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ellmoe

Way to go Bill. You've got 5 years on me.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

sawguy21

Generally takes a long time to start paying yourself and enjoying the fruits of your labor. Well done, keep the good work. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Nice that you can have a piece of land for your hard work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

The best way to spoil something you enjoy is to make a business out of it.You kept them seperate, wise man. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Corley5

Congrats!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawman

Congrats on your 1/4 century anniversary , thats quite a milestone.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

CHARLIE

25 years! Wow! Congratulations! You must be doing it right. I've seen so many businesses that don't make it the first year and many that don't last even 5 years.  Way to go and I wish you many, many more profitable years of business. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

WildDog

Great stuff Bill, I can only image but I am sure it must be very satisfying to leave secure employment start such a business and have it going strong 25yrs later.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

scgargoyle

Way to go, Bill! Been there, tried that, went broke. It ain't easy!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

SwampDonkey

Congratulations Bill and may you continue with your success.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customsawyer

Congrats on the mile stone.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Roxie

25 years is impressive!  Congratulations! 
Say when

Raider Bill

Thanks everyone! It's been interesting to say the least.

Did some celebrating this weekend ;D
Now back to work ;)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ivey

Congradulations  Bill! Looks like a great thing you got going.
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

WDH

Now it is time to retire to the mountains, grow a long beard, become a recluse, and get lost  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

How does the new girl friend fit into that scenario? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!