iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logrite in the mail

Started by cypresskayaksllc, January 05, 2012, 09:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cypresskayaksllc

My christmas is being delayed for a few more days. I just ordered a 60" extreme cant hook (I think thats what the lady on the phone called it). Ive been using a wooden handled 24" hook with a big metal pipe I used for an extension for the last couple years (30lbs). The wood finally broke giving me a reason to get a new hook. I may not deserve a lot but I definitely earned this one.  8)
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

zopi

You will never be without a logrite again...one of these days I am going to have some moreof them.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

I only have two.  A 60" and the Mega hook.  Actually, I need another 60" because anyone helping me saw does not want to fool with the old wooden handled cant hook that can't bite, and I don't want to let them use the logrite because I want to use it.  The Mega hook is too long and big for normal use, but on the really big log when you are sawing by yourself, it is a LIFE SAVER.  Spoken by a true  manual miller  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Happiness is "rite" here.  :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

I am a little jealous.

I wish I had a Forestry Forum hat too. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

MotorSeven

You are gonna love it and wonder why you did not get one sooner. I have the 60 & Mega....priceless!
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

RSteiner

I bought the shorter peavey several years ago and the next year bought the longer version.  After going through several wooden handle peaveys the Logrite peaveys are really nice.

Randy
Randy

cutterboy

I have the 60" and it's the best hand tool I own. It's just the best tool for turning those big logs on the mill and in the woods. I also own a Logrite hookaroon and that is a very handy tool. Once you own a Logrite you won't want any other brand of logging tool.

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

cypresskayaksllc

Logrite delivered today. Im impressed. Looks like its going to last a lifetime.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I thought there was a rule if you win something on the FF you have to take a picture of you and what you won.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

He's safe, as he didn't win it here. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

But the "rite" Logrite.   :)

Having used the other for 10 years, I never realized what a difference the "rite" one would be.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cypresskayaksllc

Heres some proof
Scratch and dent special. Although I didnt see any scratch or dent.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Check out that grin! I'd be grinning too. You da Man Cypress!!!  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Congratulations on getting a fine tool.  Maybe the scratches are up to you.  I know that I have.

WDH

Cypress,

Now that is stylin'  :D.

fat olde elf

Don"t bother looking for scratches and dents....That's just that nice lady at Logrite telling you that Forum members get a deal. Spent years struggling with other cant hooks. None can compare to Logrite. WDH is not the only manual mill operator on here. Say your prayers.....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

customsawyer

Looking good. I tend to like the peavey so I can just stick it in the ground next to the logs and I don't have to bend over to pick the up. Logrite is the only way to go.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

jueston

Quote from: thecfarm on January 12, 2012, 07:59:41 AM
I thought there was a rule if you win something on the FF you have to take a picture of you and what you won.  :D

I'm sorry about that, I have been working to much and haven't had a chance to take a picture of me with the peavey yet. But as If I knew you wrote this, this morning I was out cutting down some trees in my parents back yard, since they aren't to mobile these days and why pay for lakeside property if you can't see the lake? So I trimmed down a few big ones that were dead on top and cleared out some smaller bushy ones....
Here is a very staged shot of me and one of the bigger ones I cut down, and another showing how handy it is for lifting the log off the ground to cut it up for firewood...

and another thanks to jeff and the sponsers and the whole forum!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Magicman

And a very deserving recipient.   smiley_thumbsup

WDH

They are amazing tools when you are messing with logs.

Thank You Sponsors!