iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In need of Poplar trees

Started by phxbeach, January 05, 2012, 06:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phxbeach

I am in Phoenix Arizona and am looking for a location I can harvest some Poplar trees.
Does anyone know of a location in the SW region or there abouts I could get some Poplar trees?

thanks

beenthere

Welcome to the forum.

Could be you are thinking yellow poplar, aspen, or cottonwood when saying poplar trees.
Do you have one in particular in mind?
And how far will you travel to get them?

And what size do you have in mind?
Saw logs?  shade trees?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum phxbeach. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum,phxbeach. What's all the wood going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

phxbeach

Hi Everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!
I don't want to travel any farther than I have to, but -- I will travel how ever far I need to to get what I need. I have my own portable saw (woodmizer lt 40) and trailer to haul the wood.
I need either poplar or birch.
its for cabinetry and furniture.
I'm newbie, so bear with me!
I'm looking for a location to harvest a few logs to start with...... of course, in the region of Arizona (and not necessarily in the state but wherever I need to go to get the logs I need).
thanks for your help.

Thank You Sponsors!