iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thermo-Control ?

Started by Autocar, January 04, 2012, 08:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I guess there made in Coblestiel New York I have a friend that just installed one in his shop. He's having trouble getting the water temperature to 160 degrees , there telling him from my understanding that it should leave the stove at 160 but inter the cement floor at a 100 degress because if its any hotter it will crack the floor   ::) so I guess thats where a mixing valve comes in. Getting back to the temperature before it reaches the 160 degress the pressure releif valves trip at 120 degress so the company told him he needs a bigger exspansion tank he now has three but it still trips them off. Now the company has shipped him a real big exspansion tank to install. Anybody have one of these or any ideas ? Hes having problems with creasote thats why the company wants the temperature up to 160 to make it burn harder. I know he installed a insulated stainless pipe for the flue. Any thoughts ?
Bill

Holmes

Expansion tanks are rted by the  volumn of water in the heating system. How many gallons of water are in the boiler and radiant heating system?  If it is a large system , over 50 gallons, a few tanks or 1 really big tank will be necessary .  You do need a mixing valve.  Holmes
Think like a farmer.

Autocar

The stove holds 350 gallions and I would guess another 150/200 in the copper lines in the floor its a big shop.
Bill

Holmes

Looks like you need a 50 gallon expansion tank, around $2500.  Maybe he should see if he can convert the system to a non pressurized system.
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!