iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tarred Nylon cord/twine

Started by SwampDonkey, January 04, 2012, 07:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Anyone ever use tarred nylon twine? Near as I can tell, the only source is fishing supply outfits.

This is a link to a rope company site with a picture.

http://www.wallacecordagecompany.com/products.php?cat=10&pg=2

I found a source in Nova Scotia, but they don't have an online shopping cart, other than to place the order. They have to call for credit card and order confirmation. So we'll see how that goes. Seems behind the times to me. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ely

nylon net company and memphis net and twine, both have websites and are fishing supply companies also. or so they have in the past.

sprucebunny

I've bought 1/4" at Hamilton Marine, Searsport Maine years ago but I can't find it on their website. A smaller diameter is often used for handlines that wind on a 4 corner wooden thing. I love the way it smells.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Chris Burchfield

http://www.memphisnet.net/category/twine  I purchased a 10' cast net from these folks before we hit Florida a couple of months back.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

SwampDonkey

I am about to call Rainbow Net and rigging in NS to order some up. I need some for making Reeds. ;D

Something around 0.055-0.07" diameter (#18-#27)

I checked as many places as I could and the US sites don't ship to Canada, or the shipping is so high that I could walk to Boston myself. :D

Thanks ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jamie_C

You could also try Vernon D'Eon Lobster Plugs or A.L. LeBlanc .... both of them probably have it as well.

If Enterprise Shippigan still exists they used to have tons of it but i'm not sure if they do retail sales.

SwampDonkey

Just ordered some from Mercer's  https://www.mercersmarine.com  Bigger spools and cheaper than most places I found.  8)

SwampDonkey

Matt down at Rainbow did such a good job figuring out my needs, that I had to buy some from him to.  :D :)

SwampDonkey

Well, I now have some tarred #21 twine. :D Eight pounds worth. ;)

Holmes

When you combine this thread with your woodworking threads it seems like you will be building a net. Will you be trying to catch a wife?   ;D
Think like a farmer.

SwampDonkey

Well, there is probably about a mile of twine there, so it'll make a pretty big net. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!