iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone looking for a challenge?

Started by SwampDonkey, January 02, 2012, 07:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I'm not, not yet anyway.  ;)

But, here are detailed plans for a wooden gear clock if your looking for something "special". :)

http://www.woodline.com/instructions/Wooden%20Gear%20Clock%20instructions%2010-2.pdf
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

That raises the bar of woodworking to a much higher level.  I can not even imagine the amount of time that would be required.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sparky1

Im not nearly patient enough to attempt this. I could see being half way done and it ending up thrown at a wall!!.  Im also lacking a few key tools!  It would be a great thing to have in your den for all to see though!
Shaun J

LeeB

I have always wanted to build a wooden clock. Not sure I have the skill for it though. I did bookmark the site just in case I decide to give it a try.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

Lee, download the PDF in that link and always have that part at least. Websites sometimes fold. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

shelbycharger400

im with sparky1
atleast mine would be going up the chimney... where all my junk mail goes too, no evidence of the misshaps..lol

SwampDonkey

Oh, when you get a little older, more patient and calm down you might find the courage. ;)

logboy

I've been reading this guys blog for a few years now.  He has made some pretty neat stuff that is relevant to the clock.

http://woodgears.ca/index.html
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

SwampDonkey

I like that sight to, you or someone else brought it up a month or two ago. I like the sled used to make a concave cut on a table saw to. Another forum I'm on have a few fellas that already use this method. Personally I never used a saw for other than a straight cut. I have made gears using his online gear program and have been experimenting with them. My problem to this point is centering holes. That will be rectified when that drill press arrives. ;D

isawlogs

I aint got the patience to build that, no way  :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

zopi

Hmm...I keep meaning to use his calcs to make a set of plywood planetaries for a small rope machine...
Maybe when I am older amd more patient...lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!