iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new year's day speck fishing

Started by caveman, January 01, 2012, 10:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

My neighbor and his son accompanied me this afternoon to catch some speckled perch (crappie to our northern friends).  We trolled around for a while and picked up a few but later found them up shallow and caught them on jigs under corks-most were in two feet of water or less.  My friend and his son had a ball.  It was a good way to start the new year.  We wound up keeping 38 which will be enough for a few good meals for our families.

When we got home my daughters were a bit upset I did not take them but they were invited two days ago and did not want to go.  My youngest, who is seven, went with me a few days last week and had a ball.  She caught the biggest one landed in my boat this season. 

The water temperature was in the low seventies.  It should drop a few degrees this week as it is supposed to get cold tomorrow night.  I have to go back to work tomorrow so the fish will be safe from me for quite a while.
Caveman

Magicman

My buddy is having good luck with them here and he brought me a zip bag full of fillets last week.  I think I'll let he keep on getting his firewood off of my place.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

I would trade firewood for fresh fish too. This afternoon, we slipped off and caught a few again.  Usually I fry them but not tonight, they were blackened in a cast iron skillet (outside due to the smoke).  My mother went fishing with me for the first time in years this afternoon and she seemed to enjoy catching a few until she got cold a little before dark.  Caveman
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!