iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

went to eddy nash and got a 170 franklin

Started by tree chopper, January 01, 2012, 08:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree chopper

went to eddy nash and baught a 1976 franklin xln170 in very nice shape its got a 453 detroit with a standard trans. 18.4-34 rubber with close ring chains on all 4 tires it gets delivered tuesday i cant wait traded my 1972 160 in on the 170 just curious if any one on here has one or has ever run one and ther opinion of the machine thanks
me my son a 1968 chevy c50 log truck 1972 franklin 160 with a 453 detroit a prentice h model log loader with a cab mounted on a 1985 international s model huskee woodsplitter and a old military conveyor 2165 josered 2188 jonsered 266 husky 455 husky 036 pro stihl 460 magnum stihl and a p52 pioneer

DR Buck

OK,  somebody has to ask...

Who the heck is eddy nash and what is a franklin?    Pictures are always welcome.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

timbuck2

For years their jingle went like this, " Come on in, we'll fix you up, Smashed Equipment."

tapper2

Nash Equipment in N.H.,Franklin Treefarmer.? I've been up there to look around. Couldn't make heads or tails on the stuff. Some people like the place, some don't.
Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

tree chopper

nash has been very good to me ive baught a c4 tree farmer gas job,440a john deere,120 franklin,160 franklin and now this 170 2 prentice loaders and 2 dump trucks ive had great luck with all of them but the 440 deere was a money pit didnt keep that one very long some like them and some dont ive had very good luck with nash i will buy all my equiptment there i agree they do have some junk there but its a buyer beware world out there i always end up spending the whole day when i go i look the machine over very well and try them before i buy and they will help you anyway they can suzy nash is a super great person in my opinion dont wana ruffle any feathers just my 2 cents
me my son a 1968 chevy c50 log truck 1972 franklin 160 with a 453 detroit a prentice h model log loader with a cab mounted on a 1985 international s model huskee woodsplitter and a old military conveyor 2165 josered 2188 jonsered 266 husky 455 husky 036 pro stihl 460 magnum stihl and a p52 pioneer

madmari

Bought a Timberjack from them;made a fair trade deal. I, too spent the day crawling over the machine so i knew what I was buying. They are nice folks- they work hard for a living, too. They have some junk and glad they do; sometimes that is what I want!
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

snowstorm

will they deal on price? there asking price is often times wayyyyyy high

Brokermike

I often wonder how much room they have to move. It's a long trip for me, and they've always seemed a little hard to pin down over the phone
Don't Jersey Vermont

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

timbuck2

Went to look at a skidder in Vt with Eddie once, was waiting in the PU and he came out of his house with a tackle box.  I said what, are ya going fishing?   No, inside the tackle box was stuffed with cash, a .38 revolver, and a bottle of Black Velvet.

snowstorm

met the guy many years ago ....that dose not surprise me. bought a set of chains from him back in the 80's. then went into town for gas. the guy pumping gas says   got them from nash huh? better strech em out make sure there all there

Thank You Sponsors!